Farcry 7.2 - webtop access with non CLIENTUD login

AJ Mercer

Oct 27, 2015, 4:06:06 AM10/27/15
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
I have the LDAP plugin hooked up and have mapped roles and my active directory login authenticates, but I can not get access to the web top

I went to preview my Webtop Security, but got this message
    /webtop/index.cfm?id=admin.security.farcryud.listprofiles

Error 'Preview Webtop Security' only applies to CLIENTUD users.

What do I need to set up to let my Active Directory login have access to the webtop?

Inline images 1

Active Directory
Inline images 2

AJ Mercer

Oct 27, 2015, 4:32:14 AM10/27/15
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
So I commented out that bit of code
and now see this

Inline images 1

Would seem permissions are ok to access webtop

Sean Coyne

Oct 27, 2015, 10:16:32 AM10/27/15
to farcry-dev
You might get more response on the Discourse forum.

That said, I think you need to map the LDAP groups to the FarCry groups.

AJ Mercer

Oct 27, 2015, 8:47:13 PM10/27/15
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
whilst trasnfering this to diclourse saw similar issues which lead me to this
session type affecting cookies

--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

Justin Carter

Oct 27, 2015, 9:11:20 PM10/27/15
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
It wasn't really the session type that was at fault. It's entirely valid to use either CFML or J2EE cookies depending on how you need cookies to work. There is no right or wrong cookie type to use :)

In that scenario there was a corrupt cookie and clearing cookies was the fix.

AJ Mercer

Oct 27, 2015, 9:23:53 PM10/27/15
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
oh

I was going to clear cookies - but then saw the cookie type and recall setting that before.
As I understand it, J2EE is a better option - thoughts?

Justin Carter

Oct 27, 2015, 9:58:06 PM10/27/15
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Nope, there is no "better".