flex ui and railo4

Phillip Rasmussen

Feb 6, 2014, 5:11:19 PM2/6/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
FC6.2.10 linux railo4
I'm attempting to get the flex category and the bulk image uploader working under railo 4.

I'm getting : flex.messaging.MessageException: Page request is aborted.
when using 'manage Keywords (Flex)', same goes for the category part of the bulk image uploader.

The bulk image uploader works but not of much use if you can't assign a category to them.

Just in case I'm barking up the wrong tree I thought I'd better see if someone knows a definitive answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is my attempt so far.

Cheers
Phil

I've created a web.xml in the WEB-INF folder of the project with:
<web-app>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>MessageBrokerServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>services.configuration.file</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>messageBrokerId</param-name>
<param-value>messabeb1</param-value>
</init-param>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>MessageBrokerServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/flex2gateway/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

and this is my http.conf entry (I un-commented the 3 optional mappings):
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>

<Proxy *>
        Allow from 127.0.0.1

</Proxy>
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cf[cm])(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
        ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cfchart)(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
        ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cfres)(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
        ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cfml)(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
        # optional mappings
        ProxyPassMatch ^/flex2gateway/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/flex2gateway/$1
        ProxyPassMatch ^/messagebroker/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/messagebroker/$1
        ProxyPassMatch ^/flashservices/gateway(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/flashservices/gateway$1
        #ProxyPassMatch ^/openamf/gateway/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/openamf/gateway/$1
        #ProxyPassMatch ^/rest/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/rest/$1
        ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8888/
</IfModule>

Geoff Bowers

Feb 6, 2014, 5:40:48 PM2/6/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phillip,

It sounds like a Flash Remoting gateway issue, but you are already onto that.  I have no idea how or even if Railo 4+ supports this. We don't use Flex anymore -- and haven't for a long time. FarCry 7.0 now has a beautiful file and image bulk upload sub-system.

Upgrade to 7 if you can :)

GB

Justin Carter

Feb 6, 2014, 5:45:31 PM2/6/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, February 7, 2014 9:11:19 AM UTC+11, Phillip Rasmussen wrote:
Hi All,
FC6.2.10 linux railo4
I'm attempting to get the flex category and the bulk image uploader working under railo 4.

I'm getting : flex.messaging.MessageException: Page request is aborted.
when using 'manage Keywords (Flex)', same goes for the category part of the bulk image uploader.

The bulk image uploader works but not of much use if you can't assign a category to them.

Just in case I'm barking up the wrong tree I thought I'd better see if someone knows a definitive answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is my attempt so far.

Cheers
Phil

We've never got the old Flex category tree to work on Railo, but the HTML version should be fine.

There's also a newer HTML5 version of the category tree in FarCry 7.0, and the old Flex bulk uploader has been removed and replaced with a HTML5 bulk upload feature (there's a "Bulk Upload" button at the top of the Image objectadmin grid, and optionally also on Image array properties).

Phillip Rasmussen

Feb 6, 2014, 5:52:11 PM2/6/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for the quick replies. I've been fiddling with 7 but there are still a few ui/jquery issues that stop me moving to it.
I'll stop string to resolve the issue.
Any chance the new 7 bulk upload could work with 6?

Cheers
Phil

Blair McKenzie

Feb 6, 2014, 5:55:21 PM2/6/14
to Unname
Unfortunately not. In FarCry 7 image bulk upload is just the tip of a functionality iceberg, which includes an asynchronous processing queue and the ability to add bulk uploads to any custom type. Retrofitting that stuff would be ridiculously hard.

Blair

--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

Geoff Bowers

Feb 6, 2014, 6:03:01 PM2/6/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

On 7 February 2014 09:52, Phillip Rasmussen <phil...@webolution.co.nz> wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies. I've been fiddling with 7 but there are still a few ui/jquery issues that stop me moving to it.
I'll stop string to resolve the issue.

Let us know what your issues are and hopefully we can help. One of SHINY's key features is the separation of js and css styles in the webtop from the front end. There should be minimal interference from FarCry for any sort of front end framework.

Also if you are using formtools in the frontend, you can now apply a theme to the formtools so that the wrapping markup suits your framework. Currently we support Bootstrap 2.3.2 and UniForm.

All the best,

-- geoff bowers
Director
Daemon Internet Consultants