Containers and publishing

trents

Mar 10, 2009, 5:42:06 PM3/10/09
to farcry-beta
Hi all,

this one has got me stumped. I have created a publishing rule within
a container on a page. I am using the cms news listing/teaser. when
logged into the webtop I can see the content, however when I logout
and attempt to view as an anon user the items are not displaying.

I am after a webskin permission or is it something else?

I can view the actual news item as an anon user.

tia

trent

Tomek Kott

Mar 10, 2009, 5:54:51 PM3/10/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
If you can view the item with anon user, I guess it's certainly published and not in draft mode.

Did you flush the cache while in admin?

That'd be my first, and only, guess....when in doubt, reload application :)

Also, you could try appending &debug=1 to see if it comes up with some sort of debug info for you.

Tomek

Matthew Williams

Mar 10, 2009, 5:59:34 PM3/10/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Try viewing the HTML source. It sounds like there's an error in the
display template somewhere, and it's usually passed in as a comment in
the HTML source if that's the case.

Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX

trents

Mar 10, 2009, 6:09:33 PM3/10/09
to farcry-beta
Thanks for the tip about the error in the source code. It is
displaying the following. any ideas?

<!-- container failed on ruleID: F24EFB95-ABD1-A6F3-B2B7126F8E699813
(ruleNews)
--><

On 11 Mar, 08:59, Matthew Williams <webmas...@geodesicgrafx.com>

Matthew Williams

Mar 10, 2009, 6:16:49 PM3/10/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Have you modified any of the templates? This is coming from either the
ruledmNews/execute.cfm or the dmNews/display<something>.cfm template.
You'd need to look into either of those to get a better idea of where
it's being called from. Was this a community download of the CMS
source, or by way of SVN?

Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX

Trent Shepherd

Mar 10, 2009, 7:02:05 PM3/10/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
it was originally a community download, to test I have now updated to
the latest version available from jeff coughlins' Nightly build page.

I have restarted the CF server and the same error still appears.

The CF debugging shows

09:59:24.024 - Expression Exception - in
C:\projects\trunkwirelessanywhere\farcry\core\package\rules\rules.cfc
: line 96
Element TIMEOUT is undefined in STCURRENTVIEW.

trents

Mar 10, 2009, 8:24:00 PM3/10/09
to farcry-beta
So as it turns out my first instincts were correct.

under roles/webskins I needed to add "ruleNews.execute" to the allowed
set for anonymous.

thanks for everyone help in helping track this down.

trent

On Mar 11, 10:02 am, Trent Shepherd <trent.sheph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it was originally a community download, to test I have now updated to
> the latest version available from jeff coughlins' Nightly build page.
>
> I have restarted the CF server and the same error still appears.
>
> The CF debugging shows
>
> 09:59:24.024 - Expression Exception - in
> C:\projects\trunkwirelessanywhere\farcry\core\package\rules\rules.cfc
> : line 96
>             Element TIMEOUT is undefined in STCURRENTVIEW.
>
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Matthew Williams

Blair McKenzie

Mar 11, 2009, 12:29:02 AM3/11/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Anonymous should have *.execute* and *.display*.