5.1 Beta C : CF8 : Clean Install Error

Veloz

Jan 15, 2009, 6:43:52 PM1/15/09
to farcry-beta
I just downloaded 5.1 Beta C, and unzipped the files to my wwwroot
(local dev installation of CF). Navigated to farcry/core and got this
message:

Routines cannot be declared more than once.
The routine getCoreVersion has been declared twice in different
templates.

Can't get any further than that right now. I have been successful in
installing and using 5.0.2, so there shouldn't be any reason I can't
run it.

Mat Bryant

Jan 15, 2009, 9:21:07 PM1/15/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Veloz,

That function was moved from the /install/index.cf into the application.cfm of this installer. It sounds like you might have some conflict between old and new.

If you have the function in both the index.cfm and application.cfm then thats your problem. If not, try restarting the ColdFusion service to ensure that no legacy mappings have been cached.

Anyone else receiving this problem?

--
-- Matthew Bryant
Product Development Manager

Mat Bryant

Jan 16, 2009, 2:39:52 AM1/16/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Apologies Veloz,

--
-- Matthew Bryant
Product Development Manager
Daemon Internet Consultants
Adobe Solutions Partner
http://www.daemon.com.au/
p. 02 8302 4600
f. 02 9380 4204

Veloz

Jan 16, 2009, 11:37:38 AM1/16/09
to farcry-beta
Glad I could be of some help.

On Jan 15, 11:39 pm, Mat Bryant <mbry...@daemon.com.au> wrote:
> Apologies Veloz,
> Found the issue & fixed:http://bugs.farcrycms.org/browse/FC-1719
>
> --
> -- Matthew Bryant
> Product Development Manager
> Daemon Internet Consultants
> Adobe Solutions Partnerhttp://www.daemon.com.au/
> p. 02 8302 4600
> f. 02 9380 4204

Message has been deleted

Mat Bryant

Jan 16, 2009, 11:32:10 PM1/16/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Try going to http://127.0.0.1:8500/farcry/core/install/index.cfm

--
-- Matthew Bryant
Product Development Manager
Daemon Internet Consultants
Adobe Solutions Partner
http://www.daemon.com.au/
p. 02 8302 4600
f. 02 9380 4204

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Veloz <ch...@countersinedesign.com> wrote:

Ok, I pulled down the svn:trunk at the head (r4157), and verified in
the svn:log that the fix was there for the routines issue.  Now I'm
getting a new issue - a redirect loop:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for
this address in a way that will never complete.

I should mention that this is the default CF development server, so
I'm hitting it at http://127.0.0.1:8500/farcry

On Jan 15, 11:39 pm, Mat Bryant <mbry...@daemon.com.au> wrote:
> Apologies Veloz,
> Found the issue & fixed:http://bugs.farcrycms.org/browse/FC-1719
>
> --
> -- Matthew Bryant
> Product Development Manager
> Daemon Internet Consultants
> Adobe Solutions Partnerhttp://www.daemon.com.au/

> p. 02 8302 4600
> f. 02 9380 4204

AJ Mercer

Jan 17, 2009, 12:31:22 AM1/17/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
FYI

just checked out community distro and successfully installed on
Win/Apache/CF8/mySQL 5

2009/1/17 Mat Bryant <mbr...@daemon.com.au>

--
AJ Mercer