farcryVerity display problem

iHuman

Jan 22, 2010, 5:39:06 PM1/22/10
to farcry-beta
Hopefully someone may have a clue...

I am running several Farcry sites on the same server - all sharing the
same core.
When I do a test search on one site, it works fine (Admin > Verity
Plugin > Test Search)
When I do a test search on a second site, I get the initial search
form, and then on submission I get the website's nav system - and
nothing else. Any ideas why this might be happening?

thanks,
elaine

iHuman

Jan 23, 2010, 8:19:54 PM1/23/10
to farcry-beta
I've resolved the issue - in case others come across this problem. It
was a getLink problem, because of FU.

The site that was working correctly (as I indicated in the first
post), did not have Friendly URLs enabled. The other side did.
Friendly URLs was breaking getLink in the farVeritySearch plugin.

Specificaly, displaySearch.cfm was calling getLink to create the forms
actionURL. Using a direct link (objectID instead of friendly URL)
resolved the issue.

fwiw,
elaine

Jason Barnes

Jan 24, 2010, 1:12:27 AM1/24/10
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
The reason the action needs to use getLink is because with friendly url's turned on if you use objectid as the action and it has a friendly url which is set as the default url then you will get redirected to the default url on submit and this redirection will make you lose your form data.

With friendly url's in FC5 the idea is to only ever have one active url and if you hit the page on any of the non-active url's it will 301 redirect you to the primary url (this includes objectid's). This is to ensure you don't split your page rank and also to make it easier to track in google analytics etc.

The real question is why was getLink not working for you in that instance, what link was it producing?

elaine

iHuman

Jan 25, 2010, 3:08:47 AM1/25/10
to farcry-beta
getLink was returning results formatted like:

www.mydomain.com/friendly/AAA7F610-FBCB-11DD-AAED0016E66CD9A8/viewSearch

instead of:

www.mydomain.com/index.cfm?AAA7F610-FBCB-11DD-AAED0016E66CD9A8&view=Search

causing nothing to display except the site nav. Which makes sense - it
was going no where. Why it was doing this, I don't know....

elaine