Forms and Validation

Mike BWD

Jan 9, 2009, 5:19:06 AM1/9/09
to farcry-beta
Coming closer to getting a site working and looking at forms
I note in

core/formtools/object.cfm
line:
559,719,720
core/formtools/objectadmin.cfm
712
input is not closed giving Validation errors.
============================

Also
Need to fix naming convention for forms
For example, id and name attributes must begin with a letter, not a
digit.

I don't want to mess with this Can you recommend a fix

Thanks Mike

Stephen Moretti

Jan 9, 2009, 6:30:17 AM1/9/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

2009/1/9 Mike BWD <gadd...@googlemail.com>

Coming closer to getting a site working and looking at forms
I note in

core/formtools/object.cfm
line:
559,719,720
core/formtools/objectadmin.cfm
712
input is not closed giving Validation errors.
============================

For these I would suggest that they come under the title of JFDI. You won't break any code by adding a "/" to the end of an input tag.  though why you're getting HTML validation errors on <input type="hidden"...> I'm not sure...

I would also suggest adding a ticket here : http://bugs.farcrycms.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa so that someone can triage and address it in the code base at an appropriate time.

Also
Need to fix naming convention for forms
For example, id and name attributes must begin with a letter, not a digit.

form name and id are set via the Request.farcryForm struct passed into core/tags/formtools/renderHTMLformStart from core/tags/formtools/form.cfm  By default the form names are "farcryForm" plus a number between 1 and 99999999
If your forms are being named with numerics at the beginning then I would suggest start by look at how and where you are creating the forms and what you are passing in as the name attribute to the <ft:form ...> tag

Regards

Stephen

Mike BWD

Jan 10, 2009, 6:41:15 AM1/10/09
to farcry-beta
Thanks for the reply

I also didn't think hidden fields need to be closed but W3 will not
Validate

will have a look at ids

thanks Mike