i18 Recource bundle - New "admin.properties" file available ???

Knut

Jan 28, 2010, 5:50:17 PM1/28/10
to farcry-beta
Hi there in Australia,

in the FC-6.0.0 core files I found a lot of new RBKeys, that are not
included in the "\core\packages\resources\admin.properties" file,
f.e.:

rbkey="workflow.buttons.edit"
rbkey="workflow.buttons.createdraft"
rbkey="workflow.buttons.sendbacktodraftdeletedraft"
rbkey="workflow.buttons.sendbacktodraft"

and many more... !

Is there (maybe) a new "admin.properties" file available ???

Regards .. Knut

Geoffrey Bowers

Jan 29, 2010, 2:36:59 AM1/29/10
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
On 29/01/2010, at 9:50 AM, Knut wrote:
> Is there (maybe) a new "admin.properties" file available ???

Start here: http://docs.farcrycms.org/display/FCDEV50/Internationalisation+%28i18n%29

There is a plugin that records missing keys as you use the application. These can then be dynamically added to the resource bundles for translation with their english defaults -- well the defaults in the code which happen to be english. We typically look to do this at the end of the build -- because we keep adding keys every time we update the ui.

We were thinking that we might automatically translate the bundles via Google's translation service, and then hand then over to language experts to correct. That way we instantly have working resource bundles, even though the initial translation might not be so great. I'm thinking its easier to correct a bundle than be faced with thousands of labels to update. Would that work? Or would you prefer completely blank bundles to start? We could always do both ;)

Regards,

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/

Knut

Jan 29, 2010, 4:11:09 AM1/29/10
to farcry-beta
Hi Geoff,

thanks for your response.
I included the rbmanage plugin in FC 6.0.0. But first I had to correct
all "ft:farcrybuttonPanel" ->"ft:buttonPanel" and "ft:farcryButton" ->
"ft:Button" in the rbmanage code because of the following error
message:

*********************************
Error Details
Message Unknown tag: ft:farcrybuttonPanel.
Exception Type Template
Detail ColdFusion cannot determine how to process the tag
ft:farcrybuttonPanel because the tag is unknown and not in any
imported tag libraries. The tag name might be misspelled.
Tag Context

* /var/www/web13/html/farcry/core/webtop/admin/customadmin.cfm
(line: 35)
*********************************

The rbmanage plugin slows down the performance in the webtop a lot on
my dev-server. Going to a new the tab in the webtop (Overview,
Website, Content or Admin) takes about 30 seconds and more.
But I will check tihs plugin !

>> We were thinking that we might automatically translate the bundles via Google's translation service,
>> and then hand then over to language experts to correct. That way we instantly have working
>> resource bundles, even though the initial translation might not be so great. I'm thinking its easier
>> to correct a bundle than be faced with thousands of labels to update. Would that work?
>> Or would you prefer completely blank bundles to start? We could always do both ;)

I think using the Google's translation service is a good idea. Than we
have a basis to work on.
Let's see what comming out. If the translation of the translation
service is too horrible I would prefer completely blank bundles to
start with.

Regards .. Knut