Fortress Beta b2666

1 view

modius

Jan 31, 2008, 6:28:51 AM1/31/08
to farcry-beta
Folks,

Special end of January present for you all: Fortress Beta b2666!

Grab the bundle from here:
http://www.daemon.com.au/builds/beta/

Simple Install From Webroot
* Start with a brand new website.. even localhost will do
* Make sure you *do not* have a web mapping for /farcry
* Download the latest beta build (currently b2666.zip)
* Unpack the zip in to a folder called ./farcry under the webroot
* You should have ./farcry/core, ./farcry/projects, ./farcry/
plugins, ./farcry/skeletons when you are done
* Create a blank database and point a datasource to it in CF
Administrator
* Browse to http://localhost/farcry or equivalent
* Follow the installer instructions

This is a dead simple initial beta -- only farcrycms plugin and the
standard Mollio sample app. So its not something you'll necessarily
want to show off to your friends. But the schema is stable, the
installer works on our initial test platforms (MSSQL, mySQL, Postgres)
and we've already got a couple of sites running in production.

All the information on Fortress is here and being updated regularly:
http://docs.farcrycms.org/display/FCDEV50/

We're looking to try and knock any obvious issues on the head before
going to a much wider release.

Install from the webroot... that's something we want to test a fair
bit. Hopefully this additional deployment configuration will widen
the appeal for the framework in general. Other deployment options
will work, same as before.

If you are brave enough to attempt an upgrade, this will only work
from v4.0 installations. You will need to upgrade from earlier
versions to 4.0 before attempting an upgrade to 5.0. The upgrade
instructions are pretty good -- read the install notes on the WIKI.
This updater may surprise you...

Enjoy!

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/

oguz.de...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2008, 1:39:18 PM1/31/08
to farcry-beta
Hi Geoff,

I am just trying to install it as described.

It forwards to the "http://myblog/farcry/core/webtop/" directory but
there is no index file.

When I try to load any other CFM page I got the following message.

"CONSTRUCTOR DOES NOT EXIST. CLICK HERE TO INSTALL A NEW PROJECT."

and clicked the link and it points "http://myblog/farcry/core/webtop/
install" directory.

Am I missing anything? :)

Thanks in advance.

On Jan 31, 6:28 am, modius <mod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Special end of January present for you all: Fortress Beta b2666!e
>
> Grab the bundle from here:http://www.daemon.com.au/builds/beta/
>
> Simple Install From Webroot
> * Start with a brand new website.. even localhost will do
> * Make sure you *do not* have a web mapping for /farcry
> * Download the latest beta build (currently b2666.zip)
> * Unpack the zip in to a folder called ./farcry under the webroot
> * You should have ./farcry/core, ./farcry/projects, ./farcry/
> plugins, ./farcry/skeletons when you are done
> * Create a blank database and point a datasource to it in CF
> Administrator
> * Browse tohttp://localhost/farcryor equivalent

nickel4242

Jan 31, 2008, 3:49:26 PM1/31/08
to farcry-beta
I get the same

On Jan 31, 1:39 pm, "oguz.demirk...@gmail.com"

Jeff Coughlin

Jan 31, 2008, 3:56:34 PM1/31/08
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
> It forwards to the "http://myblog/farcry/core/webtop/" directory but
> there is no index file.
>
> When I try to load any other CFM page I got the following message.
>
> "CONSTRUCTOR DOES NOT EXIST. CLICK HERE TO INSTALL A NEW PROJECT."

Ahh. I reported this error to Mat the other night in IM (not in the
bug tracker like I should have (sorry Mat) :) ).

It is a typo in core/Application.cfc where an anchored link is trying
to point to a ColdFusion Mapping (not a web mapping).

For now, just edit core/Application.cfc line 469 and change the
anchored link to say <a href="/webtop/install">

Regards,

--
Jeff Coughlin
Web Application Developer

Oğuz Demirkapı

Jan 31, 2008, 3:58:54 PM1/31/08
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Jeff, I think the file that we downloaded was not a good one.

We are working with Matthew now. :)

modius

Jan 31, 2008, 4:07:12 PM1/31/08
to farcry-beta
On Jan 31, 10:28 pm, modius <mod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Special end of January present for you all: Fortress Beta b2666!

Apologies.. looks like my bundle build was missing a few crucial
files. Mat's re-uploaded a working bundle b2669.zip
http://www.daemon.com.au/builds/beta/

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/

Oğuz Demirkapı

Jan 31, 2008, 4:44:02 PM1/31/08
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
I have the installation now but there are still some minor problems.

I will try to check some more details "tomorrow". :)

MJB

Jan 31, 2008, 5:50:16 PM1/31/08
to farcry-beta
We will continue to update the package at http://www.daemon.com.au/builds/beta/
with fixes to any issues that we are notified of.

The latest addition is the ability to determine which locales are
loaded into your project. You will be able to select this on the first
step of the installer.

--Mat.

Matthew Williams

Jan 31, 2008, 11:31:09 PM1/31/08
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mat! 2672 is working for me in standalone mode. Provided I can
blog about it, I was going to post some caveats about the install. I
also ran into some odd issues with locales. I found that setting it to
just one tended to cause things to fritz out when my session/application
scope expired. Example, installed with locale of just en_US and it was
trying to find en_AU. Installed with just en_AU, and it went looking
for en_US. I did not restart my CF instance between these installs, and
the application name remained the same. Could just be some CF quirkiness.

Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX
www.geodesicgrafx.com/blog

Matthew Bryant

Jan 31, 2008, 11:55:04 PM1/31/08
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Ah, thanks Matthew,

that is because the default profile in the mollio package uses en_AU &
if you havnt included that locale it fritzes. I think I will load the
locales specified in the farcryConstructor in addition to any
specified in the dmProfile table. I think thats the best solution.

Kind regards

--
-- Matthew Bryant
Product Development Manager

> --
> Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
> content filtering.
> http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg

Matthew Bryant

Feb 1, 2008, 12:05:54 AM2/1/08