some template reco

william opensource4you

Oct 28, 2010, 4:56:03 AM10/28/10
to fapws
Hello dear Fapws users,

Since years I'm using Django to develop my different websites.
But here, for my new project, I don't need the powerful admin pages of Django.

Does anyone have recommendations for an easy and fast template engine ?
As Django users, I'm going naturally to Jinja2, but I'm reading some nice feedbacks for mako.

I don't need to have a lot of them, but Is there a tool that will easily help me to build the edit/update forms ?

What's your expertise ?

Thanks

W.

ps:
For sure, it will be based on Fapws and for DB interaction, I'll use my ssdm package

Christopher Mahan

Oct 28, 2010, 5:03:09 AM10/28/10
to fa...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:56 AM, william opensource4you
<willia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have recommendations for an easy and fast template engine ?
> As Django users, I'm going naturally to Jinja2, but I'm reading some nice
> feedbacks for mako.

I like mako. Simple, doesn't get in the way.

Chris Mahan

Nicolas Vandamme

Oct 28, 2010, 5:12:25 AM10/28/10
to fa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you are going to use Mako with Pylons you should look at
http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonscookbook/Forms for forms building
and handling.

Le 28/10/2010 10:56, william opensource4you a �crit :