Sherlock Coddy Solves the Crime!

[MOB] OneEyedBadger

Oct 31, 2018, 7:10:14 PM10/31/18
to Fantasy Nations
So I been wondering why GM so triggered lately. He s not so triggered he curses in German or French, so he is not a 9+ on the scale of Triggered, but he is definitely upset by something. GM says its because game is broken, but honestly, no players complaining so why would it bother him like this much?

So what triggered GM? This is the crime.

I have the solution to this puzzle.

First lets talk facts;

#1 Three turns ago mistakes started appearing on my Orders sheet. As Orders are simple to do, even GM says this, for mistakes to happen the GM must be bothered by something. I thought at time GM just rushing through turns but now I know he was in process of being set off. Three turns ago was Last Wednesday. So on, or about, Last Wednesday the 24th something happens.

#2 When GM suddenly shoot off like rocket and say game is broken and must be fixed and restarted I thought it was strange. He did all this last Monday. So, between 24th of October and 29th October GM was pushed over edge and explodes do to something happening.

#3 Very quickly after GM asked for input from players for reboot MEGAN says she votes reboot, but is 'biased'. I wondered about that but that could mean anything, and MEGAN does not post at all on forum so maybe she just bored with game. Now I know this was not the case at all, but that a terrible even had occurred, which the GM saw coming at least as early as the 24th.

#4 MR. JAMES recently post he is Nature player and he has 2 resources etc etc, and also has access to SLAVES. Well, Slaves can only be gotten from destroying a city! No other players complain or argue about another player destroying their city, so who could it be? I would say whoever it is would be someone how has not been involved much in recent discussions (because odds are it would be mentioned) and that whoever it was would naturally be biased for a game reboot.

#5 In my experience the ladies not too big as a rule for these types of games. When a woman does become involved it is usually due to a friend or significant other bringing them into the game, and I never think a woman just plays with all strangers. So, very good odds that MEGAN is friends or significant other of someone in this group. Whoever this person would be would be doubtless upset and triggered if MEGAN has her city destroyed....

CONCLUSION: I allege that MEGAN, the GF, wife, or close friend of the GM, had one of her cities attacked and destroyed by MR. JAMES, after October 24th but no later than the 29th. I further allege that it was this vile and cruel act of barbarism which has so set the GM against all Nature players, and other 'barbarians' that he now wants to just end the current game in disgust.

Honestly, Mr. Mike GM sir, you do this all wrong! I was worried about attacking another player because I am the New Guy  - but MR. JAMES has clearly initiated hostilities against another member of the group, and so he is fair game. Just point me in the right direction, sir, and I will bring this criminal to justice and avenge the injuries he caused your lady-friend. :)

ME Brines

Oct 31, 2018, 7:32:57 PM10/31/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
> --
Cool reasoning but somewhat off. She didn't get attacked. If she did I
wouldn't care. I don't play favorites in the games i GM.
GM is bothered by something. Might be losing my job. Place might close.
Don't know. Might have somewhat to do with the intensity. Hadn't
considered that.
Also, game troubles been building. When I finally realized how busted it
was, that triggered me. Hadn't realized the implications of harvesting
before. If I had I never would have done it.
Also the resistance to change has been phenomenal. Do people really want
to continue a game that's the opposite of what the description
advertises? Where half the rules are pointless because nobody in their
right mind will make cities? Where winning depends on whether you 1)
take the Way of Nature and 2) find those magic 8 resources? Could
someone explain to me why THAT game is attractive and the one in the
description where you build a civilization up from cave men is not?

David Micheal Coddy

Oct 31, 2018, 7:47:17 PM10/31/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
Darns it... I will never make Chief of Detectives at this rate. :_(

Anyways why does this bother you so much then?

It's not even proven that nature is broken as the arguments are still being made.

Just ban Nature and give everyone new ways it bothers you so much.

Anyhow for me it's about I already spent a couple weeks on current game. I wasted I do not know how many calories typing out messages to you and players, I used calc several times, no not into starting all over again.

Basically that would make all time spent on current game wasted, and with absolutely no indication that next game will be any less a waste of time.

In fact, based off what others have said and argued about Alien Nations it seems this might be more a habit of yours as GM to frequently restart games.

If that is the case then it makes me even less willing to join another restart.

This game does not take up a great deal of time, but it does take up time I could be doing something else. Ergo, I need to at least have the illusion that my time is not guaranteed to be a complete waste of time.

As a GM I would hope you could understand what I am saying here.

David Micheal Coddy

Oct 31, 2018, 8:28:54 PM10/31/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
Good luck with job though. I am young enough it doesn't matter to me when I lose a job but I know career employees suffer quite a bit.

I hope everything works out for you to make a better job from the situation or even maybe a better life! xD

ME Brines

Nov 1, 2018, 6:33:28 AM11/1/18

On 10/31/2018 4:47 PM, David Micheal Coddy wrote:
> Darns it... I will never make Chief of Detectives at this rate. :_(
>
> Anyways why does this bother you so much then?
>
> It's not even proven that nature is broken as the arguments are still
> being made.
>
> Just ban Nature and give everyone new ways it bothers you so much.
>
> Anyhow for me it's about I already spent a couple weeks on current
> game. I wasted I do not know how many calories typing out messages to
> you and players, I used calc several times, no not into starting all
> over again.
>
> Basically that would make all time spent on current game wasted, and
> with absolutely no indication that next game will be any less a waste
> of time.
>
> In fact, based off what others have said and argued about Alien
> Nations it seems this might be more a habit of yours as GM to
> frequently restart games.
>
> If that is the case then it makes me even less willing to join another
> restart.
>
> This game does not take up a great deal of time, but it does take up
> time I could be doing something else. Ergo, I need to at least have
> the illusion that my time is not guaranteed to be a complete waste of
> time.
>
> As a GM I would hope you could understand what I am saying here.

I do understand. But I hope you understand my position. I see continuing
as a waste because I can see what needs to be fixed. But I get the
message nobody else cares. They'd just as soon play "Nature boys don't
need no stinkin' cities". Not sure if it's better to continue on until
the whole thing crashes in flames as the rest of you see what I can see.
Or force a restart and lose everybody and have no game either. Seems
like heads I lose, tails I also lose.

I suppose any game I do has to be perfect before it can be tested
because every time they come to the point of applying what I have
learned in the test everybody throws a fit.

ME Brines

Nov 1, 2018, 6:35:29 AM11/1/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com

No losing the job I could cope with. This is don't know if I'm going to be unemployed or how long the job may last--complete uncertainty

On 10/31/2018 5:28 PM, David Micheal Coddy wrote:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Fantasy Nations" group.

In a world where butter, sugar, and caffeine are illegal, can a baker turned revolutionary give the People back their just desserts? The Donuts of Doom, a silly steampunk novel and cookbook available @ https://www.amazon.com/Donuts-Doom-ME-Brines-ebook/dp/B005U41R0I/ref=la_B005H3CVNE_1_18?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532647412&sr=1-18&refinements=p_82%3AB005H3CVNE

Megan Tee

Nov 2, 2018, 2:43:48 AM11/2/18
to Fantasy Nations
I said one thing on a thread with hundreds of replies and I get the blame. Oi. I can see why Michael got so irritated. Lol.

Megan Tee

Nov 2, 2018, 2:44:18 AM11/2/18
to Fantasy Nations
I'm buying you pie the next time I see you. <3

David Micheal Coddy

Nov 2, 2018, 2:54:05 AM11/2/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
Ah - Ha! So you are involved in some way with the GM! xD

Megan Tee

Nov 2, 2018, 2:58:00 AM11/2/18
to Fantasy Nations
It's virtual pie... :) the kind you eat with a right click!

David Micheal Coddy

Nov 2, 2018, 3:02:31 AM11/2/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
Oh.... Is that a thing? Never right clicked on a virtual pie before...

Well, in any event I was clearly correct and so I should still be considered for Chief of Detectives. ;D

Megan Tee

Nov 2, 2018, 3:08:07 AM11/2/18
to Fantasy Nations
no. you were still way off. i was never attached by that one guy and taken as a slave.
but as a consolation prize, if you choose the way of chaos, ill gift you 2 cultists!

David Micheal Coddy

Nov 2, 2018, 3:11:37 AM11/2/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
Lol rain check that one. I will keep an eye on things and of a reasonably stable game comes out I might join in. Last time I played I was only in the game for like 4 weeks anyway and would hate to beat that record so soon! 8)