The recruited army and their abilities

Megan Tee

Nov 4, 2018, 3:33:37 AM11/4/18
to Fantasy Nations
Hi,

I'm used to playing Civ5 and Civ6 where they tell you exactly what each unit in the army can and cannot do. Is there a list or maybe a post already on the forum that explains each ability of the army and how much they cost to purchase.

For example:

Scouts
Toughness: 0
Wealth: 1
Ability: They can retreat from combat and suffer no losses, but allow you to see the opposition, if you have more scouts than the enemy. For this purpose, mounted scouts count as two, rangers as three, etc.

On the rules page, scouts are lumped with spies, making me wonder what the difference is. Can scouts be upgraded to spies eventually? How do they become mounted scouts? And whats the negative aspect of recruiting scouts if they can always just retreat?

The same questions apply to skirmishers and militia, fishermen and sailors, slingers and archers... if they are going to be in the red table, is there a way to define them as above listed?

Thanks.

Frank Lordi

Nov 4, 2018, 9:15:01 AM11/4/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
what i'm unclearn  on is how one gains access to crossbowmen.  is that mechanist unit?

ME Brines

Nov 5, 2018, 12:27:38 AM11/5/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com

It was and got deleted when I just dropped those so we wouldn't have to test more stuff. Maybe if things work out, or for the next game.

--
In a world where butter, sugar, and caffeine are illegal, can a baker turned revolutionary give the People back their just desserts? The Donuts of Doom, a silly steampunk novel and cookbook available @ https://www.amazon.com/Donuts-Doom-ME-Brines-ebook/dp/B005U41R0I/ref=la_B005H3CVNE_1_18?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532647412&sr=1-18&refinements=p_82%3AB005H3CVNE

ME Brines

Nov 5, 2018, 12:29:41 AM11/5/18

On 11/4/2018 1:33 AM, Megan Tee wrote:
Hi,

I'm used to playing Civ5 and Civ6 where they tell you exactly what each unit in the army can and cannot do. Is there a list or maybe a post already on the forum that explains each ability of the army and how much they cost to purchase.

For example:

Scouts
Toughness: 0
Wealth: 1
Ability: They can retreat from combat and suffer no losses, but allow you to see the opposition, if you have more scouts than the enemy. For this purpose, mounted scouts count as two, rangers as three, etc.
Some of them are listed in the rules. But you're right, a comprehensive list would be better.

On the rules page, scouts are lumped with spies, making me wonder what the difference is.
6 = a half dozen

Can scouts be upgraded to spies eventually? How do they become mounted scouts? And whats the negative aspect of recruiting scouts if they can always just retreat?
They don't fight. Also, if the other side has more scouts you can't see what he has

The same questions apply to skirmishers and militia, fishermen and sailors, slingers and archers... if they are going to be in the red table, is there a way to define them as above listed?
Archers & slingers are First Strike, the others are pretty much the same as each other except for the names

Thanks.