Turn

jpatte...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2018, 2:36:46 AM11/12/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com

Should we have had one ;)

Sent from my iPhone

ME Brines

Nov 12, 2018, 3:42:37 PM11/12/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com

Saturday, yes. I actually forgot. I'm still getting used to the three times a week schedule. I can't do it today--I have a commitment. But I'll get it out tomorrow on schedule. Thanks for your patience.

On 11/12/2018 12:36 AM, jpatte...@gmail.com wrote:
Should we have had one ;)

Sent from my iPhone

--
In a world where butter, sugar, and caffeine are illegal, can a baker turned revolutionary give the People back their just desserts? The Donuts of Doom, a silly steampunk novel and cookbook available @ https://www.amazon.com/Donuts-Doom-ME-Brines-ebook/dp/B005U41R0I/ref=la_B005H3CVNE_1_18?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532647412&sr=1-18&refinements=p_82%3AB005H3CVNE

jpatte...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2018, 3:50:25 PM11/12/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
No problem - just wanted to make sure I wasn’t falling behind ;)

Sent from my iPhone

ME Brines

Nov 12, 2018, 5:07:06 PM11/12/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com

No, it's me

Frank Lordi

Nov 13, 2018, 6:33:00 PM11/13/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
got the ivory.  Did ou get the wine?

this friday i can trade ou a wine and any one of the following.....gold, silver, black lotus, oil, or papyrus.  do you have a preference/interest?

If ou just want to do wine for ivory again we can also do that.

Charles Hurst

Nov 13, 2018, 9:18:38 PM11/13/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
I am blown away - Frank, how did you get to six cities already?

Frank Lordi

Nov 13, 2018, 9:48:44 PM11/13/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
aw crud that went to the list. hehe
we will of course explain to our allies in private conversations

Charles Hurst

Nov 14, 2018, 8:03:20 AM11/14/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
Well, there are at least three possibilities.

1.  Frank has 6 cities.  Unlikely given how many turns and how expensive cities 4-6 are (4800, 7500 and 10800).  The Player Board also doesn't list him as the city leader, though that could just be that Mike forgot to update it.

2.  Mike's given him some special private rule that let's him use the way of nature the way it used to be.  Unlikely but possible, since Mike had let someone mine gold last game and that wasn't in the rule book.  An even less likely possibility is that Frank missed that the harvesting ability was taken away from the way of nature and is using it and Mike didn't catch it.

3.  The most likely scenario is that he has one city and is planning to build his second city this turn or the following turn and is trying to find out what would work best for his trade partner from the potential list of resources.  If that's the case, my vote is for gold, silver, black lotus or oil.  Wine is also good for me.

I'm rooting for it being option 3.  Option 1 is pretty much game over (given the base income of 3600 a turn for Frank versus estimated 600 wealth a turn by everyone else combined, and it just gets worse if income is taken every 2-3 turns with trades due to exponential increase in set value).  Option 2 is a past element in why some games have failed, so I'll just hope it's not a possibility.

Charles

Frank Lordi

Nov 14, 2018, 9:03:31 AM11/14/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com
I have decided to go with oil for the new city of Narbo

ME Brines

Nov 14, 2018, 4:47:55 PM11/14/18
to fantasy...@googlegroups.com

You forgot 4. He's playing you like a fish all the while giggling

and 5. He's managed to accumulate a bunch of assorted resources and he's getting ready to maximize his benefit.