Clash of Bros Rule Changes Vote

prgar...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2015, 5:36:40 PM8/6/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Fill out the form!

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out in Google Forms.

Clash of Bros Rule Changes Vote

* Required

    Keepers

    Trading Future Keepers

    Trading Future Money

    Teams Eliminated from Playoffs Midseason

    Points per Reception (PPR)

    Divisions

    Entry Fee

    Acquisitions

    Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
Powered by
Google Forms
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Additional Terms

Kurt Gerken

Aug 17, 2015, 11:04:10 AM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
where are we at on this??

Kurt C. Gerken

District Representative - GOM

NALCO Champion  An Ecolab Company

T 281 239 9718 E kurt....@nalco.com

Kurt Gerken

Aug 17, 2015, 11:28:34 AM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Where are we at on this?

Sent from my iPhone

James (Matt) Quinlan

Aug 17, 2015, 4:26:58 PM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

I voted

Jason Engle

Aug 17, 2015, 4:52:10 PM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Voted

Kevin Burke

Aug 17, 2015, 5:06:23 PM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
voted

Steven Polansky

Aug 17, 2015, 5:07:31 PM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Voted

Sent from my iPhone

Scott Klovans

Aug 17, 2015, 6:10:17 PM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Voted

Sent from my iPhone

James (Matt) Quinlan

Aug 17, 2015, 6:18:03 PM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
how do we see the results?

jeng...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2015, 6:45:01 PM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I saw the results immediately after I voted but I think only the creator can see results afterwards until he makes them public

Sent from my iPhone

James (Matt) Quinlan

Aug 17, 2015, 6:47:57 PM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Yea I saw them then too but think there was only 3 of us. I was trying to see them now

Kevin Burke

Aug 17, 2015, 7:32:32 PM8/17/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Phil.........

Layne Bukhair

Aug 18, 2015, 9:33:12 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
voted!

Phillip Garcia

Aug 18, 2015, 9:34:59 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
So far we're only at 6 responses, here's where we stand so far.

Phillip Garcia

Aug 18, 2015, 9:37:20 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Interesting responses so far. The biggest potential change (PPR scoring) tied at a dead even 3-3.

Trey Bahney

Aug 18, 2015, 9:55:59 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Jeez, that was bloody to read. Poll making 101: if you ask a yes or no question and then follow it up with a "if yes, then how much?", then you DEFINITELY don't have an option for the original no response. Those are wasted responses because if they vote no then it won't pass, but if it gets voted yes, then they need to pick an amount and not waste their vote on saying no again.

Haven't voted yet but that annoyed the shit out of me as it is prevalent throughout (no offense, Phil).

Anyways, I'm willing to sell my vote for PPR for $25 draft dollars. If you want to win, you'll know what's best.

Kevin Burke

Aug 18, 2015, 9:56:22 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
So I definitely did vote already, but it's saying I didnt, so I will try to resubmit....but also, after re-reading these, I have an issue with some of the questions. In particular the questions that come after a yes/no question and have the answer choice of "no" again. For example:

Should we change the scoring to PPR?

Yes?  -  3
No?  -  3

If we change to PPR, how much should each reception be worth?

.25  -  1
.5  -  2
.75
1
Don't change scoring to PPR  -  3

I don't think "Don't change scoring to PPR" should be an answer choice, because the question is assuming that we do change it to PPR, what do you want the scoring to be?

So basically any the questions with these types of answers choices would probably need to be re-asked if the answer was "yes" to any of the first questions.

Kevin Burke

Aug 18, 2015, 9:57:37 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
um...jinx Trey! You owe me a coke or something

Phillip Garcia

Aug 18, 2015, 9:59:48 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Trey can make the next one then.

Phillip Garcia

Aug 18, 2015, 10:00:39 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Looks like we have two volunteers for the next poll! I actually agree with all of that, just made it way too fast.

Layne Bukhair

Aug 18, 2015, 10:05:32 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
"I said with all due respect"

Ricky Bobby

Layne

Aug 18, 2015, 10:27:56 AM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
image1.png

I feel like I am the best fantasy player in the league!

Kurt Gerken

Aug 18, 2015, 2:35:15 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Just leave those other answers blank.  This shouldn't be that hard

Sent from my iPhone

James (Matt) Quinlan

Aug 18, 2015, 2:49:28 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Ha while it wasn't the easiest survey to follow, it still wasn't difficult to understand the intent and answer accordingly.

Critical thinking guys.

Kurt Gerken

Aug 18, 2015, 2:52:24 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Also, thank you Phil for putting this together

Sent from my iPhone

Kevin Burke

Aug 18, 2015, 3:29:39 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I agree, thank you Phil for making this...

But if the voting ended today, we would have "Yes" to change to PPR and "Don't change to PPR" as how much the receptions are worth. Or are those 3 votes null and ".5" be the winner? Or at the end, if we have a situation like this, will the ones who voted "Don't change to PPR" need to revote? I don't think these are illogical questions to be asking.

Should we change the scoring to PPR?

42.9%57.1%
Yes4
No3
Yes457.1%
No342.9%

If we change to PPR, how much should each reception be worth?

14.3%42.9%14.3%28.6%
.251
.52
.750
11
Don't change scoring to PPR
3
.25114.3%
.5228.6%
.7500%
1114.3%
Don't change scoring to PPR
342.9%

Divisions

Phillip Garcia

Aug 18, 2015, 3:37:44 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
​My interpretation is that .5 would prevail, no re-vote.​

Kevin Burke

Aug 18, 2015, 3:51:00 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Okay cool, I'm good with that interpretation.

Layne Bukhair

Aug 18, 2015, 5:01:25 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
What is a standard PPR? Is it one point or a 0.5 points?

Kurt Gerken

Aug 18, 2015, 5:06:46 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
There isn't a standard ppr.  Ppr is not standard.  Can be either one.  More about what your preference is on the vote

Sent from my iPhone

Kevin Burke

Aug 18, 2015, 9:51:35 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
My other league PPR is 1 point, so that's what I'm used to but I know others play in leagues with different values, so it doesn't really matter.

jeng...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2015, 9:59:56 PM8/18/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Glad to see everyone has taken an interest in this vote. That being said, has everyone voted?

Sent from my iPhone

Kurt Gerken

Aug 19, 2015, 10:05:01 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Kevin,

How did you know that after you voted, it didn't register your answers?

Sent from my iPhone

James (Matt) Quinlan

Aug 19, 2015, 10:06:55 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Phil posted the current results. Phil who are we missing? Start calling peeps out

Phillip Garcia

Aug 19, 2015, 10:38:35 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Phillip Garcia

Aug 19, 2015, 10:40:18 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Poodlesac just voted haha

Kurt Gerken

Aug 19, 2015, 10:45:25 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Trey is only one left

Kurt C. Gerken

District Representative - GOM

NALCO Champion  An Ecolab Company

T 281 239 9718 E kurt....@nalco.com

James (Matt) Quinlan

Aug 19, 2015, 10:46:24 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

KC = poodlesac?

Kurt Gerken

Aug 19, 2015, 10:47:09 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
yes. voted immediately on my phone and i guess it never registered

Kurt C. Gerken

District Representative - GOM

NALCO Champion  An Ecolab Company

T 281 239 9718 E kurt....@nalco.com

Kevin Burke

Aug 19, 2015, 10:50:43 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
yeah, i had done it a while back and when phil posted the results i didnt see my name on there, so I redid it

Phillip Garcia

Aug 19, 2015, 10:51:24 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
It's all good. Trey is the only one left.

Kurt Gerken

Aug 19, 2015, 10:51:34 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
yeah i redid it on my computer and it worked

Kurt C. Gerken

District Representative - GOM

NALCO Champion  An Ecolab Company

T 281 239 9718 E kurt....@nalco.com

James (Matt) Quinlan

Aug 19, 2015, 10:54:07 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

In the amount of time Trey spent writing that complain email he could have voted and we'd be done

Kurt Gerken

Aug 19, 2015, 10:55:10 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Haha that is so true.

I think it should be noted that Jeff filled his out before Trey and I believe he is in Chile

Sent from my iPhone

Trey Bahney

Aug 19, 2015, 10:58:32 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
My offer still stands on buying my vote.

Trey Bahney

Aug 19, 2015, 10:58:45 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Haha JK I'll go vote now!

Trey Bahney

Aug 19, 2015, 11:05:55 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Ok I think I voted

Phillip Garcia

Aug 19, 2015, 11:16:38 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Didn't register Trey.

Phillip Garcia

Aug 19, 2015, 11:17:01 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Phil Garcia
Jason
Matt
Klovans
Steven
Layne
KB
Jeff Brannigan
poodlesac

Trey Bahney

Aug 19, 2015, 11:42:02 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
How about now?

Kurt Gerken

Aug 19, 2015, 11:52:50 AM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Congrats trey on your vote

Sent from my iPhone

Trey Bahney

Aug 19, 2015, 12:21:00 PM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Haters gonna hate

Phillip Garcia

Aug 19, 2015, 3:28:53 PM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Here are the results, voting is now closed!
Clash of Bros Rule Changes Vote - Google Forms.pdf

Jason Engle

Aug 19, 2015, 4:02:08 PM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Based on the way people filled in the responses. Answers to the questions where the response could have been "no change" when the question was intended to be a "if this happens, then..." the tie breaker will go to the more modest response with respect to the original rule.

Keeper stays at 1
You can trade future keeper
You can still have a keeper if you trade a player in the offseason
You can trade future money from only next year's cap
High limit is $230 per year
No lower limit
Trade deadline is 2 weeks prior to end of season
We will do ppr for .5 points per reception
Keep divisions based on prior years result
All things money and acquisitions stay the same

Jason Engle

Aug 19, 2015, 4:03:41 PM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

The trading keepers and future money will not be allowed until after the draft.

Jeff Brannigan

Aug 19, 2015, 5:12:49 PM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the props KC.

Trey - get your shit together. You're embarrassing all of us.

Jeff Brannigan

Trey Bahney

Aug 19, 2015, 6:25:35 PM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Wait, trading future money isn't allowed until after the draft? How am I supposed to trade my keeper for money in the draft then? I thought that rule would allow for more or less money in this draft.

jeng...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2015, 6:54:26 PM8/19/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Number 1- I can't alter the amount of money people have in the middle of the draft
Number 2- we can't make a rule that affects how people would have made rosters at the end of last season now

Sent from my iPhone

Kevin Burke

Aug 20, 2015, 8:12:08 AM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
How do you trade a future keeper?

Does this mean the person you trade them to gets 2 keepers?

If you trade away your "future keeper" and can still have a keeper, then what's the point? Wouldn't this just be trading players?

And how do you know who your "future keeper" is since you can select any player on your team to be your keeper?

Or can this trade only take place during the season and not in the offseason?

Sorry, got a couple other things on my mind right now...so my brain isn't processing this completely. As Michael Scott would say, "explain this to me like i'm a 4 year old"

Jason Engle

Aug 20, 2015, 8:59:00 AM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
So I should have explained these questions a little better before we voted, but heres what it all meant (everything worked out well)...

During the season trading works the same way it always has.  You trade players fluidly and can now throw in a little future draft money (this is going to make for more trades I bet because you dont have to perfectly match up players and future points).  You dont have to declare a keeper until the day of the next draft.

The idea of "trading a future keeper" had more to do with the way I was describing us making a trade in the offseason.   The players are dead to us besides the one guy we end up keeping.  So if someone has 3-4 good options on their roster that they can sell off, then they will end up with a HUMONGOUS advantage.  The way to limit this advantage is making the rule that if they trade a player in the offseason, then they lose the rights to having a keeper in the upcoming season or you can set a high limit on the amount of money people can obtain (what we did, $230). Do you understand that part of it?

Another issue, which a common sense piece is the idea you cant give away a keeper for free.  For example, it is July and Kevin has Carlos Hyde and CJ Anderson and is debating them for a keeper.  I dont have anyone to use as a keeper and would take either one from Kevin.  I cant trade a random guy on my roster to Kevin since Kevin won't keep that player anyway ie give Kevin Arian Foster for CJ Anderson when Kevin is keeping Carlos Hyde anyway.  Kevin would be "doing me a favor."  It either has to be a keeper for keeper trade or a trade that involves money.

The commissioner will still have the ability to veto along with a league vote to veto any "unfair" trade.

The trading a future keeper and losing rights to your keeper had to do with the offseason trades.  In my mind I wouldn't want someone who has the 3 amazing options at keeper to be able to keep one of their keepers then sell of the 2 other players for future auction money.  If there wasn't a high limit on the amount money you could obtain, then I would push for the idea that if someone traded away a player in the offseason, then they effectively traded away their rights to their keeper (I believe that was your original question).  But that portion of the rule did not get passed.

The way we are set up right now works well from my point of view.  You can trade away players in the offseason and still have rights to your keeper.  The part that makes it work well (so the league doesn't get completely lopsided), is the $230 high limit on money you can obtain for the 2016 draft.

Does everyone understand that?  It is pretty simple once you play out a few offseason trading scenarios in your head and how there could be corruption in the system without a few rules.

Jason Engle

Aug 20, 2015, 9:01:57 AM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Maybe longest gmail email I have ever written.  You caught me right after my 2nd cup of coffee this morning...

Kevin Burke

Aug 20, 2015, 9:08:50 AM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
haha nice job explaining that....and yes makes much more sense now, thanks! And I agree if we didnt have the max set at $230, then we might have a problem, but looks like we shouldn't have any issues with teams getting an unfair advantage.

Trey Bahney

Aug 20, 2015, 9:30:39 AM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
So basically, there is nothing for us to do for this draft but it could potentially help us out next year.

jeng...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 10:59:41 AM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Correct. We can't add a rule that would have altered how teams built rosters last year. After this draft that rule becomes live.

Sent from my iPhone

Kurt Gerken

Aug 20, 2015, 11:19:09 AM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
But PPR is for this year correct

Sent from my iPhone

Jason Engle

Aug 20, 2015, 11:23:49 AM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Yes. All these rules start this year. They are all taking effect the moment the draft starts.

Trey Bahney

Aug 20, 2015, 1:07:52 PM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Wait so can I trade draft money for a player during the draft but was already drafted?

Jason Engle

Aug 20, 2015, 1:13:27 PM8/20/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

No. We can't alter current money during draft. You can trade next year's money for a player that was drafted this year, but it doesn't need to happen in middle of draft. It can be a verbal agreement in the draft and finalize after the draft.

Jason Engle

Aug 22, 2016, 6:49:57 PM8/22/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
See my last email on this thread.  We did vote on offseason trades and the majority voted to allow them...

The trading a future keeper and losing rights to your keeper had to do with the offseason trades.  In my mind I wouldn't want someone who has the 3 amazing options at keeper to be able to keep one of their keepers then sell of the 2 other players for future auction money.  If there wasn't a high limit on the amount money you could obtain, then I would push for the idea that if someone traded away a player in the offseason, then they effectively traded away their rights to their keeper (I believe that was your original question).  But that portion of the rule did not get passed.The trading a future keeper and losing rights to your keeper had to do with the offseason trades.  In my mind I wouldn't want someone who has the 3 amazing options at keeper to be able to keep one of their keepers then sell of the 2 other players for future auction money.  If there wasn't a high limit on the amount money you could obtain, then I would push for the idea that if someone traded away a player in the offseason, then they effectively traded away their rights to their keeper (I believe that was your original question).  But that portion of the rule did not get passed.

We won't be able to change that until the next rule vote

KC = poodlesac?

Poodlesac just voted haha

voted!

voted