Rule Changes for 2016-2017

Jason Engle

May 31, 2016, 2:01:26 PM5/31/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Bros,

Never too early to start brainstorming potential rule changes for fantasy. Any ideas?

Obvious ones every year are
1. Entry fee
2. Acquisition amount and pricing
3. How to set up the divisions
4. Punishment for last place

Another idea I think would be fun are drinking rules for during the draft. If you are the last person to buy a player, shot. If you bid over $20 and lose, shot (would make people think twice about jacking up players prices).  If you're late to the draft, shot.

Caveat to anything you suggest, nothing can be implemented prior to this draft that would have affected how someone played last year. IE, we can't go up to 2 keepers because someone would have held on to another player of they knew that was going to be the rule.

sklovans

May 31, 2016, 2:19:46 PM5/31/16
to fantasy-football-group
I think we should up the entry fee and get it close to $100, I think
that is a nice amount we could stick with for a couple years...

Could also open up the opportunity for weekly payouts (although this
dilutes the big winnings)

More keepers, I think it adds to the year over year investment...

No opinions on the divisions

Punishment for last place... i think we should do something... hard to
enforce a fun activity though due to geographical limitations... I
always thought it would be fun if last place had to buy something for
say the champion or maybe even buy something for the guy who finished
second to last... don't have any distinct ideas at the moment, just
opening up to convo...

Sincerely,

Your reigning champion

James (Matt) Quinlan

May 31, 2016, 2:20:47 PM5/31/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
haha a shot for bidding over $20 and losing may get a little out of hand...

Jason Engle

May 31, 2016, 2:22:59 PM5/31/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Regular season loser has to send a pizza to both people who make it to the finals in the tourney the Sunday of their matchup

Jason Engle

May 31, 2016, 4:51:51 PM5/31/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

We should also vote on PPR and the Half point we did last year.

Kurt Gerken

May 31, 2016, 8:00:41 PM5/31/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I think we should start doing destination drafts.  Would make the drinking rules even better

Sent from my iPhone

Trey Bahney

Jun 1, 2016, 7:43:12 AM6/1/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Scott only replied so he could sign it "your reigning champ".

I'm fine with $100. I used to be against it, but last year definitely proves that anyone can get hot and win the thing. Besides, $50 6 years ago when we first started playing is probably equivalent to $250 in 2016 dollars (#inflation).

Kurt Gerken

Jun 1, 2016, 11:17:20 AM6/1/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Down for whatever on a fee so I'll just vote with the majority.  I think we should change the sliding scale to $1-10 and then having 2 keepers with that sliding scale adding to both players.  Ex: keep x player at + $10 and the second keeper at + $10.

I will continue to vote to get rid of these stupid divisions therefore the 2 best teams will get the bye for the playoffs.  Divisions just don't make any sense

Kurt C. Gerken

District Representative - GOM

NALCO Champion  An Ecolab Company

T 281 239 9718 E kurt....@nalco.com

jeng...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2016, 10:24:59 AM6/2/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Do we like having kickers and defenses on the teams?

Sent from my iPhone

Kurt Gerken

Jun 2, 2016, 10:39:58 AM6/2/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I like having defenses.  Could care less about kickers

Sent from my iPhone

James (Matt) Quinlan

Jun 2, 2016, 10:40:31 AM6/2/16
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I like having defense and kickers. I'm good with $100 fee. Good with either .5 point or .10 point PPR. No divisions.