Fantasy Rule Changes

Jason Engle

Dec 16, 2014, 8:37:46 AM12/16/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Try not to comment on ideas without providing an alternative.  This is not the vote, just brainstorming things to vote on.

PPR (point per reception)

Full vs Partial Points ie 74 yards rushing = 7.4 instead of 7 (no more ties)

Keeper Additional value - I like the sliding rule but I know some people have tossed out the idea of doing away with the extra $

Trade Deadline - based on what happened in one of my other leagues, I think we need a trad deadline of 2 weeks prior to the end of the regular season

Weekly Payouts - If we up the initial buy-in we could give the weekly top scorer some $$$

Here are a couple that need an explanation with them:

Transaction Costs - I would toss out the alternative of leaving the cap at 20 and getting rid of transaction costs.  Maybe finding an alternative thing to charge people for or upping the entry fee?  If you go back and look at how people used transactions it made a huge impact on performance.

Trading future draft $$$ - what would the cap be? I think $30 is  good cap for sending and receiving of money.  You couldnt give away more than $30 (next years money would be $170 at the lowest) and you couldnt receive ore than $30 (next years max money would be $230).  I think sending or receiving more than that would make the teams too unbalanced.

I also think this would need an earlier deadline than the end of the regular season.  The losing teams would have nothing to lose by giving away players on the last week.  I think the future money trade deadline would need to be week 8ish so there are still 4 weeks left and you would still have the ability to lose the league after the trade.

Those are a few of my ideas.  What you got?

Kevin Burke

Dec 16, 2014, 9:39:09 AM12/16/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I'm a fan of PPR, I play it in my other league....it is a whole different game tho

I like FULL points, think its part of the thrill when you need that ONE extra yard to get the next point

I like the sliding rule for the keeper....not sure what your alternative would be, but the sliding scale is fair

I'm okay with trade deadline 2 weeks before regular season end

I'm not a fan of weekly payouts, I think it's a little too much, especially with all of the other bets most of us are trying to keep up with (multiple fantasy leagues, knockout leagues, etc.). I like the $50 buy in and think the only thing I would change is to make regular season winner get $100 flat. And then money back ($50) to 3rd place, and 2nd gets $150 +20% transactions and 1st place gets $300 +80% transactions.....or something like that.

I like the transaction costs...but I think there could be a change to their price. And I agree that they did make a big impact. I would maybe say something like:
0-10 Free
11-15 $5
16-20 $10
21-25 $20

I think trading for future draft money is an interesting idea and I like the $30 cap if we do it....but I also think it could get a little complicated with another deadline and keeping track of everything. What would happen if someone made a trade of future draft money for a player and then decided next summer that they didnt want to play next season for some reason? Again, I like the concept, but would need a little more convincing to vote yes on that idea.

-Kevin

Kurt Gerken

Dec 16, 2014, 10:09:58 AM12/16/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Would rather do the full points.  Therefore we will have no ties.

Love ppr, either a full point, .5 point or .25 point per reception is also something to think about.

I don't have a problem with the sliding scale.  If someone has a idea I will listen though for sure.  Agree with Kevin that there should be just 1 full deadline to make it easier to keep track of.

Not a fan of weekly payouts either.

As for the transaction costs maybe we can have no limit on them.  But make it costly after the first 20.  To really make it a tough decision and throw more money in the pot.

Like trading future draft money and think 30 is a good cap.

Again I think we should do away with divisions.  Only league I do it in and it just doesn't make sense.  Do away with it so 1st and 2nd get a bye no matter what and it will make scheduling much easier.  It was still messed up last year cause I played a couple people once and 1 person twice and 1 person 3 times.

Also I know scott wants to go to 2 keepers.  I am for that and just make it straight up 2 keepers.  Same sliding scale and everything.