Rule Clarification

Steven Polansky

Nov 3, 2014, 11:06:05 PM11/3/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
So I think we may have stumbled upon a rule that hasn't been clarified:

If a team picks up a player off the waiver wire that was previously cut by another team, is that player's keeper value what he was originally drafted at or the standard free agent $1?

I think both sides have an argument. What say you?

Trey Bahney

Nov 3, 2014, 11:24:18 PM11/3/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I was under the impression it is the value they were drafted.

Trey Bahney

Nov 3, 2014, 11:25:49 PM11/3/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Otherwise, people could just drop and add high-value players in, essentially, a trade just to escape the keeper fee.

Matt Quinlan

Nov 4, 2014, 7:43:18 AM11/4/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Still have to add to what they were drafted for.

Nov 4, 2014, 9:18:09 AM11/4/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Lol. He already picked him up

jeng...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2014, 9:55:30 AM11/4/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
People are worth what they're originally drafted for.

Too many times injuries midseason would ruin keeper values otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone

Trey Bahney

Nov 4, 2014, 10:02:25 AM11/4/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Lol Steven was probably sooooo stoked he found a loophole.

Scott Klovans

Nov 4, 2014, 10:09:21 AM11/4/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Yea, pretty darn sure we discussed that at some point... if a guy is drafted that is the value he will carry over to the next season even if he is dropped at some point

Steven Polansky

Nov 4, 2014, 10:56:39 AM11/4/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Haha I picked up AD cuz they're saying he may accept  plea deal and be eligible to play the last few games.  Then last night I started thinking about it and got really excited for like 2 mins that I may have him at $1.

Dumb Sooner.

Sent from my iPhone