PLAYOFFS BABY

Jason Engle

Nov 25, 2014, 8:47:53 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
And the grand champion for the regular season goes to: KC GERKEN!

Congratulations to MATT QUINLAN, you are officially the worst fantasy football player of 2014.  I think I speak for everyone when I say we are on pins and needles waiting for you to reveal your 2015 draft strategy.

Playoff bracket is below:

Inline image 1

Final Standings for the regular season are below:

Inline image 3

For those of you who missed the playoffs, paypal me your transaction money.  If you are still in the playoffs, wait until you are eliminated.  That way if you win we can just give you the net amount.

Updated payouts are below:

Inline image 4

Layne Bukhair

Nov 25, 2014, 9:06:31 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Crazy to think I was one point away from going to the playoffs. Freaking Tom brady and Rob grownkowski. You are up two scores but you decided to throw anyway.

Layne Bukhair

Nov 25, 2014, 9:07:03 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I was also like 10 points from getting last.

Kurt Gerken

Nov 25, 2014, 9:46:35 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Was a crazy last week.  Some really close games that dictated the seeding for the playoffs.

Phillip Garcia

Nov 25, 2014, 9:50:24 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Can we all just mellow on the fact the the Lame Dudes are basically the AFC North of fantasy football?

Kurt Gerken

Nov 25, 2014, 9:51:37 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

More like the NFC South

Phillip Garcia

Nov 25, 2014, 9:52:07 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, NFC south. Don't e-mail and work folks.

Jason Engle

Nov 25, 2014, 10:14:13 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
When is Matt running his beer 5k?  I want to be there so I am requesting Christmas week while I am in Houston.

Kurt Gerken

Nov 25, 2014, 10:27:47 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

I would love to be there as well

Kurt Gerken

Nov 25, 2014, 10:29:50 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Hey, at least layne is consistent guys

Layne Bukhair

Nov 25, 2014, 10:31:20 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
No way got two more wins this year. I am on pace for a 6-6 finish next year.

Kurt Gerken

Nov 25, 2014, 10:33:35 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

You went 4-8 last year

Trey Bahney

Nov 25, 2014, 10:36:30 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Haha, here's my thought process while reading the final standings.

"KC won?? Well jeez, he spent $35 on transactions, no wonder he won"

"Oh Phil, you also spent $35? Well you're in the playoffs so maybe that was worth it"

"SCOTT SPENT $35 TO TIE WITH LAST PLACE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA"

Layne Bukhair

Nov 25, 2014, 10:42:26 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
 Court reporter Gerken over here.

Jason Engle

Nov 25, 2014, 10:43:32 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Trey that made me LOL.

We may want to take a look at how we do transactions costs for next year...

Kurt Gerken

Nov 25, 2014, 10:44:07 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Lol. You said you got 2 more wins this year. I got confused but the chart is pretty easy to read

Jason Engle

Nov 25, 2014, 10:45:30 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Inline image 1

Here ya go Layne

Kurt Gerken

Nov 25, 2014, 10:47:04 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Lol trey

Kurt Gerken

Nov 25, 2014, 10:48:26 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

I think I'm getting my emails in wrong order

Layne Bukhair

Nov 25, 2014, 11:15:19 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Inline image 1

Jason Engle

Nov 25, 2014, 11:34:21 AM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Matt, you shining up that trophy for the next big winner?

Kevin Burke

Nov 25, 2014, 10:10:09 PM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Holy crap....did Matt go from first to last? Isn't that a rap song? New theme song?

Steven Polansky

Nov 25, 2014, 10:21:16 PM11/25/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
"Started from the bottom now we here"... Except the complete opposite.

Sent from my iPhone

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014, Jason Engle <jeng...@gmail.com> wrote:
Matt, you shining up that trophy for the next big winner?
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Layne Bukhair <lbukha...@gmail.com> wrote:
<beck.png>

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Kurt Gerken <kger...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think I'm getting my emails in wrong order

On Nov 25, 2014 9:47 AM, "Kurt Gerken" <kger...@gmail.com> wrote:

Lol trey

On Nov 25, 2014 9:45 AM, "Jason Engle" <jeng...@gmail.com> wrote:
<image.png>

Here ya go Layne

<image.png>

Final Standings for the regular season are below:

<image.png>

For those of you who missed the playoffs, paypal me your transaction money.  If you are still in the playoffs, wait until you are eliminated.  That way if you win we can just give you the net amount.

Updated payouts are below:

<image.png>

Jason Engle

Dec 9, 2014, 8:56:59 AM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS!  Kevin vs KC for all the marbles  Do you guys care more about the money or the trophy?

Matt get that puppy shined up for the next champion.  Sleep with the trophy, lick the trophy, fart on it.  Do whatever you need to in order to get yourself ready for the beer 5k.

Kurt Gerken

Dec 9, 2014, 9:40:10 AM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

I would like to thank julio jones and aj green.

For sure the trophy.  Unless it smells like fart

Kevin Burke

Dec 9, 2014, 10:12:16 AM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
This one goes out to Matty Ice, because without you Jordy Nelson would have shit all over my dreams!

I'd like my Trophy filled to the brim as one large Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot....Thanks and no farts!

Matt Quinlan

Dec 9, 2014, 11:08:21 AM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I would like to thank Scott Klovans. As the season was coming to an end and my misery couldn't get any worse, I caught a glimpse of hope. Just when I think im gonna have a steal of  keeper with Mike Evans, and think "surely nobody paid much for a rookie WR on a shit team with a shit QB," Mr. Klovans was there to prove me wrong and shit on my parade.

Still probably keeping him but it was just one final "fuck you matt" for the season.

Dec 9, 2014, 11:14:17 AM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Being able to shit on your parade is one small piece of redemption for a shitty season... a longhorn doesn't deserve an out of this world Aggie receiver... may you overpay and LIKE IT!

Trey Bahney

Dec 9, 2014, 11:38:47 AM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Hahaha I remember Scott and I going at it for mike in the draft. Lucky for you, you're in last place and only have to add like 1 dollar to the price. Congrats for that.

Scott Klovans

Dec 9, 2014, 11:55:45 AM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Are we doing one or two keepers next year? And to piggyback on Trey, did we do a $1-$10 sliding scale for keepers or $5-$15 sliding scale? Does everyone still like this or could we move to a traditional style of keep a guy for say +$7 the first year, +$10 the second year, +$13 the third... etc... that would allow somebody to keep a young stud (somebody you drafted or picked up at $1-$3) for about 3-4 years (pretty reasonable?).

Since I am obviously out of it, I am thinking about keepers and next season... Should we look to incorporate the idea of trading auction dollars... If we looked into this, I would think we would need a pretty low cap on this as to not throw things way out of wack... so maybe you are allowed to trade up to $20 of next year's auction dollars?

I am obviously a huge fan of having future year variables, meaning trades that happen now that can effect future years... also, a interesting wrinkle that a buddy of mine does in his league is that your keepers are dictated by positional rankings, meaning that they can keep 2 guys who are ranked in the top 10 of their position, 2 more guys in the top 20 of their position and so on...

We could piggyback on that to incorporate more keepers (and more fun trying to predict next years rankings) and we could limit the keepers as to not dilute the draft... for example... our first keeper could be anyone (a top 10 player or whomever), but the second keeper could only be somebody outside the top 10 (for RB or WR) at their position... again, just another wrinkle we all (except for kevin and KC who have bigger things to worry about) could ponder...

Kurt Gerken

Dec 9, 2014, 12:28:51 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Why add more if you can't even remember all the rules we just voted on?

Layne Bukhair

Dec 9, 2014, 12:30:59 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Less is more I think.

Scott Klovans

Dec 9, 2014, 12:33:06 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Whoa KC... you were spear heading the ability to trade auction dollars in the past... I GOT YOUR BACK BRO!

And I am just throwing things out there... keep the league evolving, gain more steam every year, people get more involved and one day we have a league in which we travel to Vegas every year to do the fantasy draft

Kevin Burke

Dec 9, 2014, 12:34:24 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
haha KC

Kurt Gerken

Dec 9, 2014, 12:35:29 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

We voted the 5-15 sliding scale.  Was already passed that we can trade future money in draft.  Didn't put a cap on how much though

Kurt Gerken

Dec 9, 2014, 12:36:38 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

All about a destination draft bro

James (Matt) Quinlan

Dec 9, 2014, 12:41:48 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
we started at $5 last yr and did a sliding scale. Needs to stay the same. I like the sliding scale idea, and now have experienced each end.

Trey Bahney

Dec 9, 2014, 12:43:07 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Leave your shitty attitude at home KC. This thread is for fun people only.

Kurt Gerken

Dec 9, 2014, 1:36:56 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I guess making a joke is out of the question

Kurt C. Gerken

District Representative - GOM

NALCO Champion  An Ecolab Company

T 281 239 9718 E kurt....@nalco.com

Kurt Gerken

Dec 9, 2014, 1:40:49 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I don't blame you Scott, even before the playoffs started I was looking forward to next years draft.  No Trey thats not because I thought i was going to win because i know you call me out at any given oppurtunity.  The draft is just that much fun.

PS - should we all chip in and buy layne either a iPhone 2 or greater, or a laptop that doesn't use dial up??

Kurt C. Gerken

District Representative - GOM

NALCO Champion  An Ecolab Company

T 281 239 9718 E kurt....@nalco.com

Trey Bahney

Dec 9, 2014, 1:44:01 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Hahahaha, I'm just playin with you KC! Love you bro! Also, TOTALLY agree with you about getting phil a functional computer for this time around.... or just a plane ticket to Vegas with the rest of us!

Jason Engle

Dec 9, 2014, 2:30:12 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I love the idea of trading future money capped at $20 and am definitely open to a vote on adding another keeper via a Phil Garcia Balloon Google Vote.

Not sure about the PRK dictating keepers, would have to think about that.  The other thing that I think needs to change is the way we make people pay for transactions or our payout structure.  Had KC lost in the playoffs he would have won the regular season and been net -$15 based on payout.

Trey Bahney

Dec 9, 2014, 2:49:17 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
It's not our fault KC spends too much money on making trades...

Kevin Burke

Dec 9, 2014, 2:52:00 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
how much did regular season winner get? How would he be in negative?

Jason Engle

Dec 9, 2014, 2:53:04 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
$50 + 10% of total transactions pot. He spent 35 on transactions and 10% of total transaction pot = $20ish

Kevin Burke

Dec 9, 2014, 2:55:07 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
howd he spend $35?

i thought it was

0-5 FREE
6-10 $5
11-15 $10
16-20 $15

?

Jason Engle

Dec 9, 2014, 2:56:38 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
"Transactions will be tiered.  Free for first 5.  $5 for next 5. $10 for next 5.  $20 for final 5."

Kevin Burke

Dec 9, 2014, 3:00:26 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
gotcha...missed that, also feel like that might be too high, maybe something to look at next year....and maybe regular season winner gets $100 flat?

But still....He would have been $50 +10% (~$20) -$35 (transactions) = +$35...right?

Jason Engle

Dec 9, 2014, 3:01:07 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Minus the $50 he initially put in.

Kevin Burke

Dec 9, 2014, 3:04:25 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
ah...that's the extra $50 I couldnt think of

Trey Bahney

Dec 9, 2014, 3:08:16 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Ok well then everyone else is minus $55 or minus $65 and possibly not even in the playoffs and he is in the playoffs at minus $15. I still think that's a good deal for him. Don't really see why we should cater to the odd-ball situation of KC having too many transactions and winning the side pot of the regular season.

Trey Bahney

Dec 9, 2014, 3:09:08 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
If you want to win money, win the whole damn thing.

Kevin Burke

Dec 9, 2014, 3:09:35 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I think the transaction prices are a little on the high side...

Maybe something like:
0-10 Free
11-15 $5
16-20 $10
21-25 $20

I feel like this can be brought up again in the offseason.

Also, I do like the idea of trading auction money

Jason Engle

Dec 9, 2014, 3:20:22 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Keeping it the same is definitely an option.  Making it more back heavy like Kevin suggested is another good option. We will talk more about it in the offseason.  We have a lot of time to kill before 2015 Draft.

We still have a championship to play for this season!

Kurt Gerken

Dec 9, 2014, 3:20:36 PM12/9/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Haha.  We aren't catering to me.  It's a situation, so remove my name from it.  Jason is saying that the overall season winner should break even or possibly positive.  Multiple people hit transaction limit

James (Matt) Quinlan

Dec 10, 2014, 9:11:21 AM12/10/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Trey Bahney

Dec 10, 2014, 9:53:45 AM12/10/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Scott LOVES dude perfect

Scott Klovans

Dec 10, 2014, 10:10:30 AM12/10/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Ugh... I just can't even...

Jason Engle

Dec 10, 2014, 1:07:03 PM12/10/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Scott is definitely the guy throwing lawn chairs over the fence during the draft

Layne is the "I've got a feeling about this guy" hence why he is always in last

Kurt Gerken

Dec 14, 2014, 6:36:56 PM12/14/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

Well to stick with things we can maybe change for next year... I think we should get rid of the divisions and just play straight up.  I just don't think the 4th best team during the regular season should get a bye in the playoffs

Kevin Burke

Dec 14, 2014, 9:16:18 PM12/14/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
4th best regular season team shouldn't win the championship game either....

Kurt Gerken

Dec 14, 2014, 9:18:23 PM12/14/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com

You won it fair and square.  I'm just saying it's a weird set up.  Sucked being in a division with all those teams

James (Matt) Quinlan

Dec 14, 2014, 10:10:50 PM12/14/14
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
I don't mind the divisions. Sometimes it doesn't work out perfectly fair but it's one more little added aspect...just like the NFL.

Jason Engle

Jan 14, 2015, 7:28:32 PM1/14/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I am still owed for transaction money from most of you.  Dont make me name names...

Trey Bahney

Jan 14, 2015, 7:34:08 PM1/14/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
Not it!

Jason Engle

Jan 15, 2015, 8:39:26 AM1/15/15
to fantasy-foo...@googlegroups.com
So I have received from Scott, Layne, Matt, me

Didnt need to pay was Kevin, KC, Trey

Still missing Phil ($35), Steven ($5), Jeff ($5)

Layne Bukhair

Jan 15, 2015, 9:25:08 AM1/15/15