announcing BowerStatic

Martijn Faassen

Jul 1, 2014, 12:02:37 PM7/1/14
to fans...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I figured I should announce it on the Fanstatic maililng list too.
BowerStatic is much like Fanstatic, but reimagined around Bower
components. There are two main gains compared to Fanstatic:

* use any Bower component you want without having to create a Python
wrapper (now that we *have* JS package indexes like Bower; Fanstatic's
way to use PyPI was a good idea at the time!)

* the ability to serve multiple bower_components directories in a
single platform. This way you can provide backwards compatibility
client-side code for bits you don't want to update yet, etc. This is
likely only relevant to really large applications, though.

Fanstatic still offers a lot more features, and I'm not sure if they
will make their appearance in BowerStatic. I think for a lot of stuff,
such as bundling, we can instead rely on server-side tools. But we'll
see.

See here for much more information:

http://blog.startifact.com/posts/announcing-bowerstatic.html

Let me know what you think!