using injector and publisher separately

Jan-Jaap Driessen

Aug 14, 2013, 7:25:24 AM8/14/13
to fans...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried to configure my WSGI stack to use paste.urlmap to route
traffic to the fanstatic publisher instead of using the Delegator:

'''
[composite:main]
use = egg:Paste#urlmap
/ = app
/fanstatic = fanstatic_publisher

[pipeline:app]
pipeline =
fanstatic_injector
my_app

[filter:fanstatic_injector]
use = egg:fanstatic#injector
# injector config goes here
versioning = true
recompute_hashes = true

[app:fanstatic_publisher]
use = egg:fanstatic#publisher
'''

I found out that the make_publisher entry_point was wrong all this
time: it should be
paste.app_factory instead of a paste.filter_app_factory. I guess
nobody has seen this before because nobody tried to use the Publisher
as a standalone component.

I applied the necessary changes to a branch; if nobody objects I would
like to merge and release these changes somewhere next week:

https://bitbucket.org/fanstatic/fanstatic/commits/branch/jj-fanstatic-publisher-as-app

Cheers,

Jan-Jaap

Martijn Faassen

Aug 15, 2013, 4:37:38 AM8/15/13
to fans...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I actually did use these as standalone components recently, but not
with paste, so I didn't run into this issue, I guess.

As to your checkin, you change the signature of make_publisher, but I
don't think I used this either, just instantiated the classes. So I
think this is safe enough.

Regards,

Martijn