Overriding a static resource from another library in my application

David Beitey

Jan 6, 2013, 6:14:44 PM1/6/13
to fans...@googlegroups.com
I'm finding myself wanting to override a static resource being served from a Fanstatic library within my application.  Once such instance is icons.gif in js.tinymce (located within resources/themes/simple/img/ in the package).  I'd like to include just this modified resource to avoid needing to repackage the library etc.

Is this possible in some fashion?

Thanks!

Martijn Faassen

Jan 7, 2013, 4:07:28 AM1/7/13
to fans...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
I wouldn't know a way to actually modify existing resources off the
top of my head. A possibly
related use case however involves "slots":

http://www.fanstatic.org/en/latest/api.html#fanstatic.Slot

This allows you to defer filling in a dependency until 'need()' time.

I'm not sure this is exactly what you want though, as you do need to
fill in a slot always, and with js.tinymce I
imagine you'd want to have a default. Perhaps it's a place to start
modifying Fanstatic to cover the use case,
however...

Regards,

Martijn

David Beitey

Jan 8, 2013, 12:52:23 AM1/8/13
to fans...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martijn,

Thanks, I appreciate the info.  I'm unsure it'll fit the bill exactly, but as you say, it looks like a good starting place to start poking around.

Regards,
David