Dynamic Resources and caching/versioning

Jon Rosebaugh

Jun 26, 2013, 9:02:13 PM6/26/13
to fans...@googlegroups.com
I've seen tricks to have a "dynamic" JS by having a dummy file with a custom renderer that returns the url to the JS you want; I'm using this for things like inserting exception-catcher JS which needs to know the app environment, and google analytics js, and so on.

However, I'd like to use the versioning system to help cache js files, and it seems like this approach won't work well; instead, these resources need to never be versioned or bundled.

Perhaps there could be a DynamicLibrary and resources defined in this library need to specify a URL where they can be found instead of having to exist on the file system? Any thoughts?