^PDF Read Living for Pleasure: An Epicurean Guide to Life (Guides to the Good Life)

mid...@derr.hstn.me

Dec 24, 2023, 3:24:28 AM12/24/23
to fansmuda...@googlegroups.com

READ OR DOWNLOAD Living for Pleasure: An Epicurean Guide to Life (Guides to the Good Life) Full Book.

If we all want happiness and pleasure so much, then why are we so bad at getting it?Pleasure feels amazing! Anxiety, however, does not. The Ancient Greek Philosopher Epicurus rolled these two strikingly intuitive claims into a simple formula for happiness and well-being--pursue pleasure without causing yourself anxiety. But wait, is that even possible? Can humans achieve lasting pleasure without suffering anxiety about failure and loss? Epicurus thinks we can, at least once we learn to pursue pleasure thoughtfully.In Living for Pleasure, philosopher Emily Austin offers a lively, jargon-free tour of Epicurean strategies for diminishing anxiety, achieving satisfaction, and relishing joys. Epicurean science was famously far ahead of its time, and Austin shows that so was its ethics and psychology. Epicureanism can help us make and keep good friends, prepare for suffering, combat imposter syndrome, build trust, recognize personal limitations, value truth, cultivate healthy attitudes .

Would You Like To Be Download To Get The Living for Pleasure: An Epicurean Guide to Life (Guides to the Good Life) Book? Simple, You Just Click The Link Below:

Download Living for Pleasure: An Epicurean Guide to Life (Guides to the Good Life)