(*) Read Albion's Seed: Four British Folkways in America (America: A Cultural History, Vol. I)

mid...@derr.hstn.me

Dec 24, 2023, 3:24:13 AM12/24/23
to fansmuda...@googlegroups.com

READ OR DOWNLOAD Albion's Seed: Four British Folkways in America (America: A Cultural History, Vol. I) Full Book.

This book is the first volume in a cultural history of the United States, from the earliest English settlements to our own time. It is a history of American folkways as they have changed through time, and it argues a thesis about the importance for the United States of having been British in its cultural origins.From 1629 to 1775, North America was settled by four great waves of English-speaking immigrants. The first was an exodus of Puritans from the east of England to Massachusetts (1629-1640). The second was the movement of a Royalist elite and indentured servants from the south of England to Virginia (ca. 1649-75). The third was the "Friends' migration,"--the Quakers--from the North Midlands and Wales to the Delaware Valley (ca. 1675-1725). The fourth was a great flight from the borderlands of North Britain and northern Ireland to the American backcountry (ca. 1717-75).These four groups differed in many ways--in religion, rank, generation and place of origin. They brought to .

Would You Like To Be Download To Get The Albion's Seed: Four British Folkways in America (America: A Cultural History, Vol. I) Book? Simple, You Just Click The Link Below:

Download Albion's Seed: Four British Folkways in America (America: A Cultural History, Vol. I)