Somewhat OT: popvox.com

skibrian

Mar 30, 2017, 11:33:00 AM3/30/17
to Fannie and Freddie Preferreds and Commons Message Board
I've talked about this with GSE bills before.

This is a very important website if you want the easiest way possible to check on legislation you are interested in and weight your opinion.  They also email your representative or both senators on your behalf.  You register with a user name, but give popvox.com your real mailing address so they can route your opinion to the appropriate delegation.

Along with the new GSE bill, flying under the radar are things having to do with the enviornment (see the EPA bill going to senate requiring all puclicly funded research be published to the public), internet service providors can sell your browsing history (I was too late there, now it goes to the President), and many many other big things.

I highly encourage its use.

GSE Bill:

https://www.popvox.com/us/federal/bills/115/hr491

skibrian

Mar 30, 2017, 11:34:57 AM3/30/17
to Fannie and Freddie Preferreds and Commons Message Board
the last bill I posted doesn't have any text yet.  I did not give an opinion.

This one is active and I supported it:

https://www.popvox.com/us/federal/bills/115/hr298

skibrian

Mar 30, 2017, 11:37:27 AM3/30/17
to Fannie and Freddie Preferreds and Commons Message Board
my note:

The last administration is fighting tooth and nail on executive privilege to withhold public deliberation on the future of these important organizations.  We should be able to see the full facts and not have to wait for a judge to unseal documents in court at the behest of hedge funds or Gretchen Morgenson at the New York Times.  We all have a right to know what is going on.