Malformed attribute selector

ahas...@email.com

Jun 23, 2024, 9:54:23 AMJun 23
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Attempts to update https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/85515  ("Last Command of the Witheld Arc 1: Rebirth" by aaronfrangos) consistently fail with the following error:

Malformed attribute selector at position 0
  line 1:
[id=''Edge That Cuts Anything'!A1']

The same error is generated by the release version and the latest test version of FFF under Calibre 7.12.

Jim Miller

Jun 23, 2024, 10:58:46 AMJun 23
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com

That href value is some version of 'invalid', 'ill-advised', or 'unusable', but I'm honestly not sure which.  It's not valid for an id attribute, even in HTML5 (can't have spaces), so there shouldn't ever be an id="'Edge That Cuts Anything'!A1" tag for this to link to.

The actual error comes from FFF searching for a matching anchor tag for that href.

I've posted new test versions with additional exception handling added to ignore this sort of failure.

ahas...@email.com

Jun 23, 2024, 1:36:04 PMJun 23
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Fix confirmed, thanks!