New Version Released v4.34.0

Jim Miller

May 1, 2024, 10:54:48 AMMay 1
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Version 4.34.0 - 2024-05-01

https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/releases/tag/v4.34.0

- adapter_literotica: "Beta" site changes #1058
- Ficbook.net More metadata collection #1064 Thanks, dbhmw
- Ficbook.net Add chapter dates for TOC #1065 Thanks, dbhmw
- Ficbook.net Fix categories and add chapter notes #1063 Thanks, dbhmw
- adapter_storiesonlinenet: Fix for /library/ -> /s/
- New Site: fanfictions.fr (#1061) French language site, thanks yvesmotteux
- basexf: Add XF categorized tags into: category, genre, characters,
contenttags and formattags
- basexf: Fix for prefix tags, put in prefixtags included in genre
- OTW(AO3) Support Paginated Series

pavanag...@gmail.com

May 14, 2024, 2:29:32 AMMay 14
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Hi

SB/SV and presumably QQ have had cloudfare added to prevent spam attacks. Tried to download yesterday and it threw error after 20 fics. What can we do for these

Jim Miller

May 14, 2024, 9:27:15 AMMay 14
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com

You could try:

- Using a slow_down_sleep_time setting longer than the default 6.

- Using one of the supported proxy services.

- Spreading downloading your stories out across more hours or days.

As I recall, the browser cache feature doesn't work with the xenforo forum sites.

WWeapn

May 30, 2024, 12:47:13 PMMay 30
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Hi Jim,

What is the reason the PyPI source distribution for this release is called "fanficfare" instead of "FanFicFare"? Unfortunately, this change breaks the NixOS update automation. To find the best fix, I'm wondering whether this is a one-off 'mistake' or a structural change moving forward.

For reference, compare https://pypi.org/project/FanFicFare/4.34.0/#files with https://pypi.org/project/FanFicFare/4.33.0/#files and look at the source distribution file names. Note that the built distributions are still both called "FanFicFare".

Jim Miller

May 30, 2024, 1:11:30 PMMay 30
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com

I can't say that I've given it much thought.

The CLI script name is intentionally fanficfare to match my unix experience, while the GitHub project is intentionally FanFicFare.

In Sep2023 I changed from packaging the CLI with a setup.py file to a pyproject.toml file.  It's possible something changed unintentionally at that point.

I don't claim any deep understanding of pyproject.toml--if you can point out what in pyproject.toml would need to change--without breaking anything else--I will probably do it.

WWeapn

May 30, 2024, 3:10:55 PMMay 30
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com
Weirdly enough, I don't see any changes between 4.33.0 and 4.34.0 that could have caused this. The only thing I can think of is something changed in the tools you use to create a release. Which commands do you run to create a release?

In any case, I don't think NixOS is really doing the correct thing either, because "pip install FanFicFare==4.34.0" still works as expected. So even if the capitalization is a weird edge case, at least the Python tools can still deal with it.

--
Project Home: https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki
---

Jim Miller

May 30, 2024, 5:07:43 PMMay 30
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com

The last time the build changed was fall 2023, between FFF v4.27 and v4.28.

I use:

python -m build

twine upload dist/* -r pypitest

or -r pypi for releases.

Regardless, I don't think there's enough time for changes before my usual release at the beginning of the month, so it would be the next release.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fanfic-downloader/CALAPxxrEnMufD%2B0%2Bnri0g0NtwJ9ueZ%2B2bKXA3%3DVQfzT-Nbj27g%40mail.gmail.com.

WWeapn

May 30, 2024, 5:49:36 PMMay 30
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com
No problem, I'm not in a hurry to fix it, just curious.

It seems likely that something changed in setuptools or PyPA's build tool because if I try to build a release, I also get a fanficfare-*.tar.gz, even when I try older tags. For now I'll assume that it will remain that way for future releases and adjust the NixOS stuff accordingly. Thanks for your help!