BrowserCacheFeature for fanfiction.net not working?

Garfieldwxg55

Jul 1, 2024, 6:55:17 AMJul 1
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Hi, I've been trying to successfully download fanfiction.net stories with this app using the BrowserCacheFeature method. I've set:

browser_cache_path:[MYBROWSERCACHE]

open_pages_in_browser:true

directly under the [defaults] option and:

[www.fanfiction.net]

use_browser_cache:true

one space after the preset example website-specific options.

However, when I try to download a story from fanfiction.net, I get an error message letting me know that the fic could not be successfully downloaded.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jim Miller

Jul 1, 2024, 10:29:40 AMJul 1
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com

You also need under [www.fanfiction.net]:

use_browser_cache_only:true

Otherwise you need to manually pre-load all the pages in the browser cache.

--
Project Home: https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki
---

Garfieldwxg55

Jul 4, 2024, 10:31:24 PMJul 4
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Thanks, I just added this option, but it's still not working for me.

Sorry if this is a bit forward, but I've included my personal.ini, so maybe someone could check if there's something I'm missing:

## This is an example of what your personal configuration might look

## like. Uncomment options by removing the '#' in front of them.

[defaults]

browser_cache_path:C:\Users\jackw\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache

open_pages_in_browser:true

## [defaults] section applies to all formats and sites but may be

## overridden at several levels. See

## https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki/INI-File for more

## details.

## Some sites also require the user to confirm they are adult for

## adult content. Uncomment by removing '#' in front of is_adult.

#is_adult:true

## Don't like the numbers at the start of chapter titles on some

## sites? You can use strip_chapter_numbers to strip them off. Just

## want to make them all look the same? Strip them off, then add them

## back on with add_chapter_numbers. Don't like the way it strips

## numbers or adds them back? See chapter_title_strip_pattern and

## chapter_title_add_pattern in defaults.ini.

#strip_chapter_numbers:true

#add_chapter_numbers:true

[epub]

## Include images from img tags in the body and summary of stories.

## Images will be converted to jpg for size if possible. Images work

## in epub format only. To get mobi or other format with images,

## download as epub and use Calibre to convert.

## true by default, uncomment and set false to not include images.

#include_images:true

## If set false, the summary will have all html stripped for safety.

## Both this and include_images must be true to get images in the

## summary.

## true by default, uncomment and set false to not keep summary html.

#keep_summary_html:true

## If set true, and there isn't a specific cover image, the first

## image found in the story will be made the cover image. If

## keep_summary_html is true, images in the summary will be before any

## in chapters.

## true by default, uncomment and set false to turn off

#make_firstimage_cover:true

## Most common, I expect will be using this to save username/passwords

## for different sites. Here are a few examples. See defaults.ini

## for the full list.

[www.twilighted.net]

#username:YourPenname

#password:YourPassword

## default is false

#collect_series: true

[www.fimfiction.net]

#is_adult:true

#fail_on_password: false

[www.tthfanfic.org]

#is_adult:true

## tth is a little unusual--it doesn't require user/pass, but the site

## keeps track of which chapters you've read and won't send another

## update until it thinks you're up to date. If you set

## username/password, FFF will login to download. Then the site

## thinks you're up to date.

#username:YourName

#password:yourpassword

[www.fanfiction.net]

use_browser_cache:true

use_browser_cache_only:true

## This section will override anything in the system defaults or other

## sections here.

[overrides]

## default varies by site. Set true here to force all sites to

## collect series.

#collect_series: true