Finestories.com.... changes to the login page.... *sigh* [CLI]

Gwydion Comyn

Jun 15, 2016, 11:50:20 PM6/15/16
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
I tried to download some stories from FineStories.com just a few minutes ago, and kept getting  a 404 error... I looked on the web at the pages, and the stories are there... then I decided to really look at the traceback,, and it was the login page that was not there.... *huh*...

So... after a bit of detective work, it seems that the login page has been changed from just /login.php to /sol-secure/login.php.... for both FineStories.com and StoriesOnline.net... however, StoriesOnline.net seems to be working fine....

So, since the adapter for FineStories just calls the StoriesOnline adapter, I copied the 'performlogin' function over, and changed the line:

        loginUrl = 'https://' + self.getSiteDomain() + '/login.php'

        loginUrl = 'https://' + self.getSiteDomain() + '/sol-secure/login.php'

and that fixed it... *sigh*...

I'm currently downloading stories from SOL, so I didn't want to change that one since it works right now... but when the downloads get finished, I'll test it, and if it still works, I"m going to remove the performlogin from the FineStories adapter, since they would be the same, then, and not needed in the FineStories adapter.

GComyn.

Gwydion Comyn

Jun 16, 2016, 12:06:03 AM6/16/16
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Ok... I've done the testing, and SOL has changed their login page... I guess they have a redirect on the original page as well, while FineStories doesn't... So.... to fix them both.....

in the SOL adapter, change line 99 from

        loginUrl = 'https://' + self.getSiteDomain() + '/login.php'

        loginUrl = 'https://' + self.getSiteDomain() + '/sol-secure/login.php'

and they both work.

GComyn

Jim Miller

Jun 16, 2016, 12:36:24 AM6/16/16
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com

Okay. I've committed and included that in a new test version.

Thanks,
Jim