Is fan fiction.net not working?

bradley brown

Apr 24, 2024, 10:03:50 PMApr 24
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Hi, I use the command line client.

I've tried fanficfare -f html -l https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6241015/BeepKeeper (If I remember correctly it's meant to grab all the Urls on a page?) and got an error.

It says something about a forbidden URL.

Jim Miller

Apr 24, 2024, 11:50:34 PMApr 24
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com
For several years now, fanfiction.net (aka ffnet) has be blocking direct
download.

It's honestly a pain to deal with ffnet using FanFicFare now.  We have
to use some relatively clumsy workarounds, and I don't see the situation
improving.

I've started recommending new users look at other tools, such as the
WebToEpub browser plugin, fanfictiondownloader.net, or ffnet's iOS, or
android app instead of FanFicFare for ffnet.

Here's a link to an FAQ about it:

https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki/FAQs#why-am-i-having-errors-downloading-from-fanfictionnet--why-am-i-getting-cloudflare-errors-downloading-from-fanfictionnet

Matěj Cepl

Apr 25, 2024, 4:30:54 AMApr 25
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com
Fanficfare doesn't work directly
(https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/issues/703)
you can stuff just out of your browsers cache
(https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki/BrowserCacheFeature)
or by fixing and making work some proxy (e.g.,
https://github.com/nsapa/fanfictionnet_ff_proxy).

Best,

Matěj

--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, @mc...@floss.social
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5 BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Give your heartache to him. (1Pt 5,7; Mt 11:28-30)

E09FEF25D96484AC.asc
signature.asc

ahas...@email.com

Apr 29, 2024, 12:52:55 PMApr 29
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
In my experience, fichub.net works reasonably well. As its front page says,
it's very straightforward: