Weird Formatting - Inserting bold tags to the start of each word

fkitc...@googlemail.com

Feb 5, 2024, 11:28:56 AMFeb 5
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Hi All,

I am using FFF to export fanfics from AO3, and for some reason, every single word has had bold tags added to a few letters.

e.g. the original files should be (ignore the colour - just the formatting of bold is the issue):

So why had Jason never had one?
Swhy had Jason never had one?

The .xhtml file has

this is an issue thorough the entire file.

Many thanks for any help you can give!

Fran

Matěj Cepl

Feb 5, 2024, 12:56:11 PMFeb 5
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com
On Mon Feb 5, 2024 at 5:28 PM CET, 'fkitc...@googlemail.com' via FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction wrote:
> I am using FFF to export fanfics from AO3, and for some reason,
> every single word has had bold tags added to a few letters.

When you are reporting a problem with FFF, please, always include
URL of the story you wanted to download.

Thank you,

Matěj Cepl

--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, @mc...@floss.social
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5 BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Somewhere at the edge of the Bell curve was the girl for me.
-- Based on http://xkcd.com/314/

signature.asc

Jim Miller

Feb 5, 2024, 1:02:55 PMFeb 5
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com

What they said.  Without a story URL, I can't even look at it.

However, that looks suspiciously like what the Metaguider plugins are supposed to output in Calibre...

fkitc...@googlemail.com

Feb 5, 2024, 3:09:19 PMFeb 5
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Ah, apologies,  its the first time I've needed to use this. Will keep in mind going forward

As it happens, Jimm's response seems to be spot on, had that installed. Now removed and downloading normally again.

Thank you both!

Frances