Bug and request for quotev stories

Kolb Hi

Feb 1, 2024, 11:36:17 AMFeb 1
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Can you please make it when you download quotev stories it only shows you the main author instead of both authors example would be this story and author
When you go to the story page it says two authors but their is onlyh one author for the sotry and that is PikachuSkitty or if you click on it goes to Snownadder.
So can you make it so its one author.
Or can yu make it when it has two authors when you update the story the two authors dont get switched around each time when you update a story on the side pannel each time i update a story from there the two authors places get switched around around every 2 or 3 updates.

Jim Miller

Feb 1, 2024, 2:10:56 PMFeb 1
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com

quotev.com lists that story has having both authors, and it's the site itself that changes the order apparently at random.

SnowNadder vs PikachuSkitty, I would speculate is a case of the author's name changing, but not their ID and URL.  Again, that's the site, not FFF making that choice.

So I don't see anything that needs to be changed in FFF's code.

I would suggest using personal.ini settings to correct it as you would like.

For example, if you want the author to be SnowNadder--perhaps you have other saved books with that author:

[https://www.quotev.com/story/16078605]
add_to_replace_metadata:
 author=>^.*$=>SnowNadder
 authorUrl=>^.*$=>https://www.quotev.com/SnowNadder
 authorId=>^.*$=>SnowNadder

You really should change all three (author, authorUrl, authorId), due to quotev's random author ordering.

--
Project Home: https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki
---

Kolb Hi