fanficfare error

Darren Zhou

Mar 25, 2024, 6:19:55 PMMar 25
to FanFicFare -- Downloader for FanFiction
Can I get some help for why I get the following error message: calibre, version 7.7.0
ERROR: Error Updating Metadata: <p>An error has occurred while FanFicFare was updating calibre's metadata for <a href='https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/the-curse-of-foreknowledge-kong%C5%8D-si.1093682/'>The Curse of Foreknowledge</a>.</p>

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.dialogs", line 715, in do_loop
    self.foreach_function(book)
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin", line 1814, in update_books_loop
    self.add_book_or_update_format(book,options,prefs,mi)
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin", line 2200, in add_book_or_update_format
    book_id = db.create_book_entry(mi,
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "calibre/db/legacy.py", line 341, in create_book_entry
  File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 89, in call_func_with_lock
  File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 2141, in create_book_entry
  File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 1132, in execute
  File "src/cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.ReadOnlyError: ReadOnlyError: attempt to write a readonly database

Jim Miller

Mar 25, 2024, 6:32:18 PMMar 25
to fanfic-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't recall seeing that before.

The error would suggest that your library was somehow set read-only.  I
would presume by setting the library metadata.db file read-only.

If there's a way in Calibre to set a library read-only, I don't know it.

Did you restore a back from a CD/DVD/other read-only media?  That's a
way I've seen before to accidentally mark files read-only.

Or possibly by using a different user than created the library? Although
I'd expect a permission-denied error in that case.