Expand folders up

hidr0...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2020, 8:58:33 AM2/7/20
to Fancytree Q&A
Hello I have a situation where I want to expand my folders up.

    Child 1
    Child 2
Parent 1
    Child 11
    Child 22
Parent 2

Is there a way to achieve that our of the box? If not - what is necessary for it to happen?

mar10

Feb 8, 2020, 12:39:20 PM2/8/20
to Fancytree Q&A

hidr0...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 4:42:02 AM2/10/20
to Fancytree Q&A
Hello, mar10,

Thanks for the response.

I am sorry, but I do not see the solution using `expandAll`. I am new to fancytree, could you elaborate a bit more.

mar10

Feb 10, 2020, 3:02:42 PM2/10/20
to Fancytree Q&A
Hi,
I am not sure what 'I want to expand my folders up' means exactly, and it looks like you have drawn the parents before the children in your question, but here is an example that uses this method:

hidr0...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2020, 3:44:06 AM2/11/20
to Fancytree Q&A
No, the idea is that child 1 and child 2 are children of parent 1
and child 11 and child 22 are children of parent 2.

I need the children to be drawn before it's parent. That is why i call it expand 'up', because in the usual way they are expanded 'down' I need up.

mar10

Feb 11, 2020, 3:36:16 PM2/11/20
to Fancytree Q&A
This is not supported, but out of curiosity: what is a use case for this behavior?

hidr0...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2020, 5:58:26 AM2/12/20
to Fancytree Q&A
We are visualizing a tree. And we want to traverse that three in a Postorder

4 5 2 3 1 -> from the example:

Can you tell me what is needed to achieve this with fancytree? We could write it ourself