expansion vs selection: is it possible to distinguish between the selection of a node and the action of expanding it.

maatar...@gmail.com

May 3, 2015, 8:06:23 PM5/3/15
to fanc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to achieve the following behavior with my tree.

When someone select the corner icon that signal that the node is expandable, i would like the node to expand and only expand (no selection). Meanwhile, when someone select the node (i.e. one click the text of the node), i want that a specific handler that i made be executed and no expansion of the node.

This is because in my application, when a user select/one click an element of the tree, the element is added, to another list within the html. Let say a list of selected item.

So in other words, when someone oneclick the text of a node, the node should not expand at all, and only my handler should be executed.

In the mean time, if someone one click, the icon on the left corner of a node (which actually signal that the node is expandable), i would like it to expand only and nothing else.

In short, is it possible to distinguish between the selection of a node and the action of expanding it.