Fanboy Comics Newsletter for 01/23/2024

Fanboy Comics

Jan 23, 2024, 2:38:17 PMJan 23
to Fan Boy Comics

Fanboy Comics Newsletter for Tuesday January 23rd, 2024

As I suspected, I am too rich in ectotheric energy to be simply recycled. They have me in one of their ectotheric generating newsletters. I can't move but my mind is The Fanboy Comics Weekly Newsletters! - Magnus Robot Fighter #24, 1993

Our backroom is drowning in new a new comic collection, so we will be putting out tons of new priced issues almost every day. This collection is overflowing with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, Moon Knight, X-Men, Batman, and tons of other great modern titles. This collection has a huge selection of books from the last two decades, so there is plenty of new stuff that we will have going out soon. Geoff Johns and friends are kicking off their new expanded universe with a fantastic one shot! Ghost Machine #1 is a look at a ton of great new characters and sets up a series of books in a shared universe by Johns and many of his coworkers at DC over the last 15 years. Some of the biggest names in comics doing there own thing is something you don't want to miss! This week also sees the return of Magneto in the appropriately named Resurrection of Magneto #1. This book is the final chapter in the X-men Red series, so if you enjoyed that book this is a must read. The book I am most excited about this week is surprisingly still Superior Spider-man #3 from Marvel. Dan Slott is just doing a really fun Doc Ock book that recalls all his best work from the last decade. All this and more this week at Fanboy Comics!

WEEKLY SPECIALS

*Dollar Boxes Reduced to 50 cents

*50% off Reduced Graphic Novels

Try Something New In The New Year Special!

Graphic Novels That Are The First Part Of A Larger Series 50% off! A great place to start a fresh new series for 2024!

All specials exclude new release items and all other discounts. Some restrictions may apply. New Specials Every Tuesday! Check our Facebook page for more deals throughout the week.

WEEKLY 50% OFF DEAL

Every week we spotlight a different comic and it is 50% off while supplies last! This display is at the front counter right next to the credit card machine. This week we are doing Captain America #1. Normally $5.99, get it for just $3.00.

WHAT FUTURE AWAITS THE MAN OUT OF TIME? Decades ago, Steve Rogers changed the world forever. Now powerful and insidious forces are assembling to ensure he never does it again. Past, present and future collide as the man out of time reckons with an existential threat determined to set the world on a darker path at any cost... Esteemed creators J. Michael Straczynski (THOR, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) and Jesús Saiz (PUNISHER, DOCTOR STRANGE) embark on an exhilarating new journey for CAPTAIN AMERICA!

THIS WEEKS HOT NEW RELEASES

Geoff Johns and friends are kicking off their new expanded universe with a fantastic one shot! Ghost Machine #1 is a look at a ton of great new characters and sets up a series of books in a shared universe by Johns and many of his coworkers at DC over the last 15 years. Some of the biggest names in comics doing there own thing is something you don't want to miss! This week also sees the return of Magneto in the appropriately named Resurrection of Magneto #1. This book is the final chapter in the X-men Red series, so if you enjoyed that book this is a must read. The book I am most excited about this week is surprisingly still Superior Spider-man #3 from Marvel. Dan Slott is just doing a really fun Doc Ock book that recalls all his best work from the last decade. All this and more this week at Fanboy Comics!

Daredevil Black Armor #3, GODS #4, Immortal Thor #6, Miguel O'Hara Spider-man 2099 #4, Power Pack Into the Storm #1, Punisher #3, Resurrection of Magneto #1, Spider-Woman #3, Star Wars Thrawn Alliances #1, Superior Spider-man #3, X-Force #48, Amazons Attack #4, Batman The Brave and the Bold #9, Detective Comics #1081, Flash #5, Green Arrow #8, Harley Quinn #36, Penguin #6, Power Girl #5, Titans Beast World #5, Titans Beast World Tour Star City #1, Damn Them All #12, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #116, Slow Burn #4, Zawa and The Belly of the Beast #3, Justice Ducks #1, Dungeons and Dragons Saturday Morning Adventures II #1, Star Trek Defiant Annual #1, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #147, Bone Orchard Tenement #8, Ghost Machine #1, Holy Roller #3, Newburn #114, Savage Dragon #267, Spawn #349, Univeral Monsters Dracula #4, and more!

Subscribers, let us know if you would like any of these pulled for you or added to your subscription! Give us a call or send us a Facebook message anytime after 2 PM on Tuesday as we are pulling the new books for subscribers and we would happy to pull the covers you need! We put up a video of the books on Tuesday nights on our Facebook page so you can see the cool covers before you come in the store! Www.facebook.com/fanboycomics

COMING THIS WEEK AT FANBOY COMICS! 01/24/24!

Below is a list of just a few of the big new releases scheduled for this Wednesday! Please let us know if you are interested in any of these titles. Pre-order today and don't miss any upcoming titles! As always you can check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fanboycomics for pictures of these books and tons of other great info! We have a weekly newsletter on Tuesday with all this information and more! Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything.

RESURRECTION OF MAGNETO #1

MARVEL PRH $5.99

(W) Al Ewing (A) Luciano Vecchio (CA) Stefano Caselli

LIFEDEATH!
On Krakoa, resurrection from the dead was as easy as completing a circuit - but Krakoa fell. The time of easy miracles is over, and only the hard roads are left. Now it falls to Storm - as the epic conclusion to the Krakoan age looms - to bring their oldest enemy home to fight against the FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X...but after all he did, and all that was done to him, can Magneto bear to return?

GHOST MACHINE (ONE SHOT)

Image Comics $4.99

(W) Geoff JohnsPeter J. Tomasi, Brad Meltzer, Lamont Magee, Maytal Zchut (A) Gary Frank, Bryan Hitch, Jason Fabok, Francis Manapul (CA) Gary Frank

Written and illustrated by JASON FABOK, GARY FRANK, BRYAN HITCH, GEOFF JOHNS, LAMONT MAGEE, FRANCIS MANAPUL, BRAD MELTZER, PETER J. TOMASI, MAYTAL ZCHUT, and more! A GROUNDBREAKING NEW ERA FOR COMICS, CHARACTERS AND CREATORS LAUNCHES NOW! An all-new powerhouse, creative collective collides into comics with GHOST MACHINE’s 64-page special, introducing its all-new shared universe of strange, fun, exciting and action-packed characters: GEIGER! REDCOAT! ROOK! THE ROCKETFELLERS! AND MANY, MANY MORE! What ties Geiger, Redcoat, Widow X, and the other mysterious, historical heroes of The Unnamed together? Why is Rook the key to saving the war-torn world of Exodus? How will everyone’s soon-to-be-favorite family of the future adapt to a new life in the present? THE STORIES ALL START NOW! CREATORS YOU KNOW. CHARACTERS YOU’LL LOVE. WELCOME TO GHOST MACHINE.

STAR WARS THRAWN ALLIANCES #1

MARVEL PRH $5.99

(W) Jody Houser, Timothy Zahn (A) Andrea Di Vito, Pat Olliffe (CA) Rod Reis

RETURN TO THE SAGA OF THRAWN WITH THE COMIC-BOOK ADAPTATION OF THRAWN: ALLIANCES!
•  TIMOTHY ZAHN teams with STAR WARS veteran JODY HOUSER to bring THRAWN: ALLIANCES to the pages of comic books!
•  Watch as ANDREA DI VITO & PAT OLLIFFE bring the action to life showcasing the tactical prowess of the galaxy's most dangerous mind!
RATED T

COMING SOON AT FANBOY COMICS

These are upcoming books from the next few weeks. If you are a Subscription Box Holder and would like any of these added to your subscription just let us know. Many of them come with tons of covers to choose from so if you ever want to special order any particular one just let us know as soon as possible to guarantee your book! If you need more info please don't hesitate to ask.

ALIENS WHAT IF #1

MARVEL PRH $4.99

(W) Hans Rodionoff (A) Guiu Villanova (CA) Phil Noto

WHAT IF...CARTER BURKE HAD LIVED? For years, fans of James Cameron's legendary Aliens questioned whether Carter Burke, a company man more hateable than the Xenos themselves, had actually survived the traumatic events on the terraforming colony Hadley's Hope. Now the actor behind the beloved villain, Paul Reiser, joins his son Leon and the star-studded team of writers and producers Adam F. Goldberg, Brian Volk-Weiss and Hans Rodionoff for a journey back to Hadley's Hope and the twisted escape of a man who should have died.
Rated T+

In-store: 03/06/2024

BATMAN DARK AGE #1 (OF 6)

DC Comics $5.99

(W) Mark Russell (A/CA) Michael Allred

Meet Bruce Wayne, Gotham’s favorite delinquent son. In an origin story like no other, witness the boy become a dark knight shaped by a city in turmoil as it marches towards its prophesied doom. Set against the backdrop of actual historical events, Gotham comes alive, filled with the iconic characters who've loved and hated Batman over the years like you've never seen them before. Spinning out of the Eisner-nominated Superman: Space Age, Mark Russell and Mike Allred return to give audiences a look at Batman as a figure in American history fighting for justice in a world gone mad.

In-Store: 3/26/2024

RECENTLY ACQUIRED

Static #1 (Platinum edition)

X-Men #4 (1st app Omega Red), 11

West Coast Avengers #94 (Rhodey becomes War Machine)

Spider-man 2099 #1

Venom Lethal Protector (Complete set)

Department of Truth (Complete set)

Gideon Falls (Complete set)

Captain America (2012) (Complete set)

A huge run of Jack Kirby's Kamandi!

Spider-man Batman #1

Spawn FCBD (unstamped)

What If? Spidey Kept Cosmic Powers

Amazing Spider-man #359 (Carnage Cameo)

Maxx #1

New Mutants #100 (3rd Print)

Incredible Hulk #103, 106, 108, 136, 140, 165

We are always buying collections, so we put out new stock almost everyday! We also do updates on Facebook with some of the more thrilling books we pick up, and also a weekly newsletter every Tuesday afternoon. Check out www.facebook.com/fanboycomics for those! We have over 200 long boxes of comics to choose from so come by and check us out!

BECOME A FANBOY COMICS SUBSCRIPTION BOX HOLDER!

Subscriber Appreciation Month is going on all month in September, so now is the perfect time to sign up for a Fanboy Comics Subscription!

Don't miss an issue and save some cash! It is FREE to be a Fanboy Subscriber, all you need is five ongoing monthly titles and a love of reading to sign up for your Subscription Pull Box! There is no set up fee or charges at all other than buying the comics you are subscribed to! Getting into comics has never been easier, and if you are looking for some suggestions to help you get started just come by the store and we will be happy to help you find some books that are right for you!

All subscribers get a 20% discount on Back Issues and Graphic Novels!

All subscribers get Free Bags and Boards with their new release books, as well as the Diamond Previews Catalog free!

All subscribers get a free Fanboy Comics t-shirt when you sign up, and a free subscriber only t-shirt in September during Subscriber Appreciation Month!

All subscribers get Open Variant covers for cover price

All subscribers get elevated weekly specials and super sized sale discounts!

Subscription Box Discount Levels

5-10 Titles 10% Discount On Comics 20% on Graphic Novels and Back Issues

11+ Titles 15% Discount on Comics 20% on Graphic Novels and Back Issues

Ask how to become a Fanboy Comics Subscription Box Holder today! We also offer Mail Order Subscription Services! For more information give us a call at 910-452-7828!

STORE HOURS

Fanboy Comics is still closed on Mondays, but we are now open on Sundays from 1 PM to 6 PM! And don't forget to swing by for Super Secret Sunday Specials you can only find out about by asking in the store!

Tuesday: 11am-6pm
Wednesday: 10am-6pm
Thursday: 11am-6pm
Friday: 11am-6pm
Saturday: 11am-6pm
Sunday: 1pm-6pm
Monday: Closed

These days & hours may change in the future; if they do, we will let you all know.

WE BUY

Fanboy Comics is currently buying almost all comics, new and old! Graphic novels too! Just give us a call for more information or to make an appointment! Our phone number is 910-452-7828!

Got any old comic collections you don't want? You can always trade in graphic novels towards something you do want!

We have been buying comics for over 20 years! We put out new back issues for sale almost every day so we are always buying almost any era of comic back issues. We buy everyday from 1 PM to 6 PM. Please give us a call or stop on in for more information!

Thanks for reading! Shop Small, Shop Local! Like and review us on Facebook in you have not really, it really helps us reach more people.