Fanboy Comics Newsletter for 12/05/23

1 view

Fanboy Comics

Dec 5, 2023, 1:41:04 PM12/5/23
to Fan Boy Comics

Fanboy Comics Newsletter for Tuesday December 5th, 2023

Just and electronic Ion-Damper, its good to know that they work. You'll provide some nice practice... for when the Fanboy Comics Weekly Newsletter returns! - Wonder Man #20, 1993

Happy holidays! Don't forget to Shop Small, Shop Local this holiday season! It can make a huge difference in your community. The holiday season is upon us and what better want to celebrate than with a new Batman miniseries! In Batman Santa Claus Silent Knight #1 Batman and ole Kris Kringle himself team up to solve a brutal crime in Gotham with all your favorite DC guest starts. All the lead up is finally over, and Amazing Spider-man is the official start of Gang War! This action packed thrill ride feels like classic Spider-man, but with more brawling in the streets. And could overlook a new Thunderbolts #1 spinning out of the Jackson and Lanning Captain America run featuring Winter Soldier! All this and more this week at Fanboy Comics.

WEEKLY SPECIALS

*30% off Historical/Biographical Graphic Novels all month long

*Graphic Novels Buy Two, Get a Third 50% off

*Reduced Graphic Novels Buy One, Get One Free

All specials exclude new release items and all other discounts. Some restrictions may apply. New Specials Every Tuesday! Check our Facebook page for more deals throughout the week.

HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS

Need a gift for a hard to shop for comic fan? Fanboy Comics has you covered! We offer gift certificates in $10, $25, and $50 amounts and with any gift certificate purchase you can get a Fanboy Comics T-shirt for only $5! Shop small, shop local this holiday season!

Make sure you stop by and check out our huge selection of unique gifts!

If you are looking for a gift certificate and you don't live locally we can easily sell them over the phone and mail them out to you (or for you at your preference). Just give us a call at 910-452-7828 during regular business hours.

WEEKLY 50% OFF DEAL

Every week we spotlight a different comic and it is 50% off while supplies last! This display is at the front counter right next to the credit card machine. This week we are doing Realm of X #1. Normally $3.99, get it for just $2.00.

Leaping straight from the astonishing events of this year's Hellfire Gala, the unlikely team of Magik, Mirage, Marrow, Dust and Typhoid Mary find themselves stranded in...Vanaheim? And what's even more confusing, the locals seem to believe that they hold the key to fulfilling a prophecy that can either raise the realm to riches - or cause it to fall to ruin. With Magik's powers malfunctioning and a mysterious figure amassing power on the outskirts of the realm, these X-Men are going to have to band together if they want to stay alive long enough to find their way home!

NEW MONTHLY GRAPHIC NOVEL SPECIAL

Each month we will pick a great graphic novel that we like and think everyone should read. We will then offer this book at a huge discount so everyone can try it out! This month our $5 Special is Sin City A Dame To Kill For HC, what a deal! While supplies last!

Stuck with nothing but a seedy gumshoe job and some demons, Dwight's thinking of all the ways he's screwed up and what he'd give for one clear chance to wipe the slate clean, to dig his way out of the numb gray hell that is his life. And he'd give anything. Just to feel the fire. One more time. But he can't let himself lose control again, can't ever let the monster out. And then Ava calls.

Box Holders, you can sign up for the Monthly Graphic Novel special and we will add it to your subscription list each month. If you already have the graphic novel you can opt out for the month as long as you let us know!

HISTORICAL DECEMBER

All Month Long in December, Select Historical and Biographical Graphic Novels are 30% off! Come learn something about things that actually happened! There is a large selection of great comics about different time periods and people.

New deal starting in January!

THIS WEEKS HOT NEW RELEASES

The holiday season is upon us and what better want to celebrate than with a new Batman miniseries! In Batman Santa Claus Silent Knight #1 Batman and ole Kris Kringle himself team up to solve a brutal crime in Gotham with all your favorite DC guest starts. All the lead up is finally over, and Amazing Spider-man is the official start of Gang War! This action packed thrill ride feels like classic Spider-man, but with more brawling in the streets. And could overlook a new Thunderbolts #1 spinning out of the Jackson and Lanning Captain America run featuring Winter Soldier! All this and more this week at Fanboy Comics.

Alpha Flight #5, Amazing Spider-man #39, Avengers #8, Daredevil #4, Fantastic Four #14, Invincible Iron Man #13, Sentry #1, Star Wars #41, Star Wars Dark Droids D-Squad #4, Thunderbolts #1, Venom #28, X-Men #29, Batman #140, Batman Santa Claus Silent Knight #1, Birds of Prey #4, Blue Beetle #4, Fire and Ice Welcome to Smallville #4, Poison Ivy #17, Superman 78 The Metal Curtain #2, Titans Beast World Tour Metropolis #1, Titans Beast World Waller Rising #1, Buffy The Last Vampire Slayer #5, Ranger Academy #3, Space Between #2, Stuff of Nightmares Slay Ride #1, Hellboy Winter Special The Yule Cat #1, Time Traveler Tales #1, Usagi Yojimbo Ice and Snow #3, Hunger and the Dusk #4, Sonic the Hedgehog #67, Creepshow Holiday Special 2023, King Spawn #28, Our Bones Dust #1, Sacrificers #5, Transformers #3, Walking Dead Deluxe #78, and more!

Subscribers, let us know if you would like any of these pulled for you or added to your subscription! Give us a call or send us a Facebook message anytime after 2 PM on Tuesday as we are pulling the new books for subscribers and we would happy to pull the covers you need! We put up a video of the books on Tuesday nights on our Facebook page so you can see the cool covers before you come in the store! Www.facebook.com/fanboycomics

COMING THIS WEEK AT FANBOY COMICS! 12/06/23!

Below is a list of just a few of the big new releases scheduled for this Wednesday! Please let us know if you are interested in any of these titles. Pre-order today and don't miss any upcoming titles! As always you can check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fanboycomics for pictures of these books and tons of other great info! We have a weekly newsletter on Tuesday with all this information and more! Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything.

THUNDERBOLTS #1

MARVEL PRH $4.99

(W) Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzing (A) Geraldo Borges (CA) Terry Dodson

A REVOLUTION IS COMING!
Bucky Barnes, the Revolution, just inherited a mountain of covert intel, and he has one objective: justice. Like lightning. He's going after the establishment, the people no one else is willing or able to take down, and he'll do whatever it takes to win. Teaming with the mysterious Contessa Valentina Allegra De Fontaine, Bucky assembles a team of black-ops heavy hitters to pursue high-profile targets like the Red Skull, Kingpin and even Doctor Doom himself. No one is safe from the Thunderbolts!
Rated T+

BATMAN SANTA CLAUS SILENT KNIGHT #1 (OF 4)

DC Comics $3.99

(W) Jeff Parker (A) Michele Bandini (CA) Ra

SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN! The four-part crossover event of a generation begins when a not-so-jolly St. Nick hits Gotham City to investigate a brutal crime in the days leading up to Christmas... What manner of man or beast could have committed such atrocities?! With the help of his former student, Batman, Santa will team up with the heroes of the DC Universe to right this wrong--or the world wakes up to coal in their stockings! A brutal, two-fisted holiday tale of hope, wonder, and monster hunting is the perfect treat to ring in the holidays--it's Claus in canon!

TRANSFORMERS #3

Image Comics $3.99

(W) Daniel Warren Johnson (A/CA) Daniel Warren Johnson, Mike Spicer

"**THE BIGGEST LAUNCH OF THE YEAR CONTINUES HERE! **Outnumbered and overpowered, it’s time for the Autobots to stand their ground, as Optimus Prime goes toe to toe with Skywarp!

COMING SOON AT FANBOY COMICS

These are upcoming books from the next few weeks. If you are a Subscription Box Holder and would like any of these added to your subscription just let us know. Many of them come with tons of covers to choose from so if you ever want to special order any particular one just let us know as soon as possible to guarantee your book! If you need more info please don't hesitate to ask.

BATMAN #142

DC Comics $4.99

(W) Chip Zdarsky (A) Giuseppe Camuncoli, Stefano Nesi, Andrea Sorrentino (CA) Giuseppe Camuncoli & Stefano Nesi

The tragic death of the leader of the Red Hood Gang in a vat of chemicals has become the subject of myth...but what is the heartbreaking and gruesome tale of the monster who walked away from that violent birth? And how does it affect Batman's distant future? The Joker Year One begins here!

ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #1

MARVEL PRH $5.99

(W) Bryan Hill (A/CA) Stefano Caselli

THE NEW ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER!
In the wake of ULTIMATE INVASION, Khonshu and Ra - the force known together as Moon Knight - are seeking to expand their brutal control of the continent of Africa. In response, the lone bulwark against them, the isolated nation of Wakanda, will send forth its champion...its king...the Black Panther! From the creative minds of Bryan Hill (BLADE, KILLMONGER) and Stefano Caselli (X-MEN RED, AVENGERS) comes a bold new take on the world of Black Panther and Wakanda!
Rated T+

RECENTLY ACQUIRED

We are always buying collections, so we put out new stock almost everyday! We also do updates on Facebook with some of the more thrilling books we pick up, and also a weekly newsletter every Tuesday afternoon. Check out www.facebook.com/fanboycomics for those! We have over 200 long boxes of comics to choose from so come by and check us out!

BECOME A FANBOY COMICS SUBSCRIPTION BOX HOLDER!

Subscriber Appreciation Month is going on all month in September, so now is the perfect time to sign up for a Fanboy Comics Subscription!

Don't miss an issue and save some cash! It is FREE to be a Fanboy Subscriber, all you need is five ongoing monthly titles and a love of reading to sign up for your Subscription Pull Box! There is no set up fee or charges at all other than buying the comics you are subscribed to! Getting into comics has never been easier, and if you are looking for some suggestions to help you get started just come by the store and we will be happy to help you find some books that are right for you!

All subscribers get a 20% discount on Back Issues and Graphic Novels!

All subscribers get Free Bags and Boards with their new release books, as well as the Diamond Previews Catalog free!

All subscribers get a free Fanboy Comics t-shirt when you sign up, and a free subscriber only t-shirt in September during Subscriber Appreciation Month!

All subscribers get Open Variant covers for cover price

All subscribers get elevated weekly specials and super sized sale discounts!

Subscription Box Discount Levels

5-10 Titles 10% Discount On Comics 20% on Graphic Novels and Back Issues

11+ Titles 15% Discount on Comics 20% on Graphic Novels and Back Issues

Ask how to become a Fanboy Comics Subscription Box Holder today! We also offer Mail Order Subscription Services! For more information give us a call at 910-452-7828!

STORE HOURS

Fanboy Comics is still closed on Mondays, but we are now open on Sundays from 1 PM to 6 PM! And don't forget to swing by for Super Secret Sunday Specials you can only find out about by asking in the store!

Tuesday: 11am-6pm
Wednesday: 10am-6pm
Thursday: 11am-6pm
Friday: 11am-6pm
Saturday: 11am-6pm
Sunday: 1pm-6pm
Monday: Closed

These days & hours may change in the future; if they do, we will let you all know.

WE BUY

Fanboy Comics is currently buying almost all comics, new and old! Graphic novels too! Just give us a call for more information or to make an appointment! Our phone number is 910-452-7828!

Got any old comic collections you don't want? You can always trade in graphic novels towards something you do want!

We have been buying comics for over 20 years! We put out new back issues for sale almost every day so we are always buying almost any era of comic back issues. We buy everyday from 1 PM to 6 PM. Please give us a call or stop on in for more information!

Thanks for reading! Shop Small, Shop Local! Like and review us on Facebook in you have not really, it really helps us reach more people.