Fanboy Comics Newsletter for 3/20/17

Fanboy Comics

Mar 20, 2018, 1:13:13 PM3/20/18
to Fan Boy Comics

Fanboy Comics Weekly Newsletter for Tuesday March 20th, 2018

Back when we were cleaning up the city, the Green Hornet made my reputation as D.A.  He carried me ino the Mayors office four times.  Now? Nobody remembers those days, or that good that I did. That we did.  Y'know, a month or two back, I thought about asking you to go out there as the Hornet again. Just to scare the town a little... put the Fanboy Comics Weekly Newsletter in 'em. - Green Hornet #2, 2010

Welcome to this weeks installment of the Fanboy Comics Weekly Newsletter!  Some great releases this week like Avengers #685 (No Surrender), Batman #43, Brave and the Bold Batman and Wonder Woman #2, Doctor Strange Damnation #3, Iron Man Hong Kong #1, Mighty Thor #705 (Death of Might Thor), Weapon H #1, and lots more!  Raffle Tickets to benefit the Christopher Reeve Foundation (www.christopherreeve.org) are on sale now for only $10!  Check out our event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/189409348483887/) for more information as well as later in the Newsletter.  Hope to see you in the store the week!

Important: New release comics will be slightly delayed this week due to an issue with our distributor is having with UPS.  We will be working as fast as possible to get the books out on Wednesday, but everything should be ready by 1 PM.  Subscribers, we will pull for you as soon as you come in, and we will put all the books on the shelves as soon as we are done pulling for subscribers.  Our distributor says they are working to resolve this issue, so hopefully things will be back to normal soon. We apologize for any inconvience.

WEEKLY SPECIALS

*Buy Two Graphic Novels, Get a Third 50% off (Subscribers get third free)

*Saint Patricks Day Back Issue sale extended due to popular demand!  All Green or Green Themed Back Issues in your normal back issue boxes are 50% off!  Titles like Incredible Hulk, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Swamp Thing, She-Hulk, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and more!)  If they are green or have green in the title of the book they are on sale!

All specials exclude new release items and all other discounts. Some restrictions may apply.

WEEKLY 50% OFF DEAL

Every week we spotlight a different comic and it is 50% off while supplies last! This display is at the from counter right next to the credit card machine. This weeks spotlight is on Brave and the Bold: Batman and Wonder Woman #1! Regularly $3.99,you can get it for just $2!

Don't miss the start of a new, six-issue miniseries written and illustrated by Liam Sharp (WONDER WOMAN)! When a Celtic god's murder leads to a war between the fairy folk and a possible breach between worlds, Wonder Woman must find the murderer and keep the peace while Batman investigates strange occurrences in Gotham City. As Diana must turn to the World's Greatest Detective for help, the two heroes quickly learn their cases may be connected.

Issue #2 comes out this week if you like it!

ACTION COMICS #1000 RAFFLE TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Fanboy Comics is now selling Raffle Tickets to benefit the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation! (https://www.christopherreeve.org/) Some of the many prizes included in this raffle is a complete set of all 10 Action Comics #1000 Variant Covers, an Action Comics 80 Years of Superman HC, an Action Comic #1000 signed by Brian Michael Bendis, 3 Superman Prints signed by artist The Art of Tom Fleming (one of Tom Fleming pieces will have a hand drawn sketch), and best of all an original Action Comics #33 from 1941, and more!

Raffle Tickets are $10 each and will be sold until the release day of Action Comics #1000 (4/18/18)

You can still pre-order Action Comics #1000 at the regular price as well, just let us know which cover you would like!

Check out our Event Page for more info about the event and pictures of the covers! https://www.facebook.com/events/189409348483887/

THIS WEEKS HOT NEW RELEASES

Some great releases this week at Fanboy Comics! Great titles like Avengers #685 (No Surrender), Batman #43, Brave and the Bold Batman and Wonder Woman #2, Doctor Strange Damnation #3, Iron Man Hong Kong #1, Mighty Thor #705 (Death of Might Thor), Weapon H #1, and lots more!

30 Days of Night #4, Adventure Time Comics #21, Amazing Spider-man Renew Your Vows #17, Aquaman #34, Archie #29, Avengers #685, Batman #43, Batman Sins of the Father #2, Batman TMNT II #5, Batwoman #13, Bombshells United #14, Brave and the Bold Batman and Wonder Woman #2, Cable #155, Cave Carson Has An Interstellar Eye #1, Come Into Me #1, Damage #3, Dark Fang #5, Deadman #5, Death of Love #2, Deathbed #2, Dept H #24, Descender #28, Dissonance #2, Doctor Strange Damnation #3, Evolution #5, Further Adventures of Nick Wilson #3, Future Quest Presents #8, Gears of War Rise of Raam #3, Ghostbusters Answer the Call #4, Green Lanterns #43, Harley Quinn #40, Ice Cream Man #3, Incredible Hulk #714, Injustice 2 #22, Iron Fist #78, Iron Man Hong Kong Heroes #1, James Bond The Body #3, Jim Henson Storyteller Fairies #4, Jirni #1, Justice League #41, Kick Ass #2, Kill or be Killed #17, Mata Hari #2, Mighty Thor #705, Monsters Unleashed #12, Moonshine #8, Ms Marvel #28, Nightwing #41, Ninja-K #5, Old Man Hawkeye #2, Outcast by Kirkman and Azaceta #34, Pathfinder Spiral of Bones #1, Punks Not Dead #2, Quantum and Woody #4, Robotech #8, Rumble #4, Runaways #7, Spider King #2, Spider-Gwen #30, Star Wars #45, Star Wars Poe Dameron #25, Star Wars Thrawn #2, Super Sons #14, Superman #43, Tales of Suspense #103, Thanos #17, TMNT Universe #20, Vampirella #11, Vinegar Teeth #3, VS #2, Weapon H #1, Witchblade #4, WWE #15, X-Men Gold #24, Youngblood #10, and more!

Subscribers, let us know if you would like any of these pulled for you are added to your subscription!

OUR FAVORITE GRAPHIC NOVELS

Here are a few of our favorite graphic novels releasing this week.  If you would like any of these just let us know!

ALIENS DEAD ORBIT TP $17.99

After a horrific accident strikes a space station, an engineering officer must use all available tools-a timer, utility kit, and his wits-to survive an attack from the deadliest creature known to man. Collects issues #1-#4 of the thrilling and claustrophobic Aliens story Dead Orbit, penned by Orc Stain creator James Stokoe!

"This is already shaping up to be the best work in this universe since the original two films."-Nerdist

BLACK SCIENCE TP VOL 07 EXTINCTION IS THE RULE  $16.99

The Eververse is collapsing under its own weight. The Dimensionauts, a ragtag collection of heroes, scientists, and anarchists from countless alternate realities, must band together and head towards the center of the Onion, the infinite-layered construct of all there is, was, and ever could be. Grant McKay created the Pillar to save the world with science, and now he must use it to save all worlds, all of creation, or doom reality itself to oblivion.

Collects BLACK SCIENCE #31-34

GWAR ORGASMAGEDDON TP $17.99

From the depths of outer space to the frozen wasteland of Antarctica, punk rock and heavy metal's most shocking and blasphemous band of intergalactic blood spewing alien monsters has returned to kill everything and respect nothing in the pages of GWAR: Orgasmageddon! Banished to the past by the cold and calculating Mr. Perfect, the heroes of GWAR trample through time like a deranged Bill and Ted on bath salts - antics ensue as they stomp and smash and shape human history to what we accept as our current reality.

Let us know if you would like a copy of any of these!  We would be happy to pull them for you!

READY PLAYER ONE AND AVENGERS INFINITY WAR

Fanboy Comics will be at Regal Cinema of Mayfaire opening night for both Ready Player One and Avengers: Infinity War.  We will be there giving away free comics, posters, and more!

READY PLAYER ONE!

TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE!

First showings are on WEDNESDAY evening 3/28/18.

IMAX 3D-  7:30pm and 10:45pm

2D- 7:00pm and 10:15pm

3D- 7:15pm and 10:30pm

THURSDAY 3/29

IMAX 3D-  7:30pm and 10:45pm

2D- 12:00pm, 3:00, 3:30, 7:00, 9:45 and 10:15

3D- 11:30am and 6:30pm

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR!

TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!

THURSDAY 4/26/18

IMAX 2D- 7:00pm

IMAX 3D- 10:35pm

2D- 7:15pm, 7:45pm, 10:55pm, 11:20pm

3D- 7:30pm and 11:05pm

Ticket sales are already very strong!  Don’t delay!  Tickets are available at the box office or regmovies.com.

If you have questions, please feel free to call!  910-256-1857!

WHERE WE LIVE PRE-ORDER

WHERE WE LIVE LAS VEGAS SHOOTING BENEFIT ANTHOLOGY TP $19.99

"On October 1, 2017, Las Vegas, Nevada suffered the worst mass shooting in modern American history, resulting in 58 deaths and over 500 injured. It broke my heart. Las Vegas is my home. I felt like something needed to be done to help in a unique way."-JH WILLIAMS III, Artist & Curating Editor

This "unique way" was the genesis of the WHERE WE LIVE anthology - a riveting collection of both fictional stories and actual eye-witness accounts told by an all-star lineup of the top talent working in comics today. All the creators have graciously volunteered their time and talent to help bring some sense to this senseless act and, in the process, raise money for the survivors and their families.

The book will include a variety of perspectives with key themes exploring gun violence, common sense gun control, value of a compassionate society, mental health stigmatization, aftermath of tragedy and how individuals and communities persevere, and an appreciation of Las Vegas as a vibrant community.

WHERE WE LIVE also features stories from local writers and artists as they relate their personal experiences and reactions to this tragedy.

One hundred percent of the proceeds for the WHERE WE LIVE anthology will be donated to an existing GoFundMe campaign for the survivors in Las Vegas.

If you would like to pre-order a copy of this book, please let us know.

RECENTLY ACQUIRED SPOTLIGHT

We didn't have a lot of time to price this week so not much to report except for a few books added to the dollar boxes including lots of Zenoscope Grimm Fairy Tales titles and some Aspen titles as well.  A great big stack of Indie Graphic Novels in our Reduced Boxes too.  Lots more to come next week!

We are always buying collections, so we put out new stock almost everyday! We also do updates on Facebook with some of the more thrilling books we pick up. Check out www.facebook.com/fanboycomics for those! We have over 200 longboxes of comics to choose from so come by and check us out!

WE BUY

Fanboy Comics is currently buying almost all comics, new and old! Graphic novels too! Just give us a call for more information or to make an appointment! Our phone number is 910-452-7828!

Got any old comic collections you don't want? You can always trade in graphic novels towards something you do want!

We have been buying comics for over 20 years! We put out new back issues for sale almost every day so we are always buying almost any era of comic back issues. We buy everyday from 1 PM to 6 PM. Please give us a call or stop on in for more information!

We are located in the University Landing shopping center new UNCW so stop on by next time you are in the area!

STORE HOURS

Sunday 1 PM to 7 PM

Monday 11 AM to 7 PM

Tuesday 11 AM to 7 PM

Wednesday 10 AM to 9 PM

Thursday 11 AM to 7 PM

Friday 11 AM to 7 PM

Saturday 11 AM to 7 PM

Well thats all folks! Thanks for reading.  If this Newsletter was helpful to you, please give us a like or review on Facebook (www.facebook.com/fanboycomics) Even commenting on this posting would be helpful!  Thanks a ton!