Fanboy Comics Newsletter for 06/18/2024

Fanboy Comics

Jun 18, 2024, 1:47:26 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to Fan Boy Comics

Fanboy Comics Newsletter for Tuesday June 18th, 2024

Wah! I hate anything cold and refreshing! I hate the Fanboy Comics Weekly Newsletter! - The Adventues of Kool-Aid Man #4, 1987

Welcome to the Fanboy Comics Weekly Newsletter! Summer is just a few days away, so we have a hot week of new comics to get your ready for the season. Some great very anticipated new comics this week. The final issue of the first arc of the fantastic Ultimate Spider-man finished up with #6, giving readers an exciting conclusion and payoff to stuff that has been building since the beginning of the run. If you are not reading this great title now is a great time to start! Another very anticipated book is the next issue in the Last Ronin saga from IDW TMTN Re-Evolution #2 explores the exciting future of the TMNT universe. The book I am most excited about this week has to be Destro #1 from Image Comics. The GI Joe relaunch has been one of the most well received launches in decades, and this look at everyone's second favorite Scottish business man is a great expansion of the Energon Universe. And for everyone's favorite don't miss Uncle Scrooge and the Infinity Dime one shot this week as well!

WEEKLY SPECIALS

*Graphic Novels Buy Two, Get a Third 50%

*Reduced Graphic Novels Buy Two, Get a Third Free

*30% off Graphic Art Storage Boxes

All specials exclude new release items and all other discounts. Some restrictions may apply. New Specials Every Tuesday! Check our Facebook page for more deals throughout the week.

WEEKLY 50% OFF DEAL

Every week we spotlight a different comic and it is 50% off while supplies last! This display is at the front counter right next to the credit card machine. This week we are doing Cobra Commander #1. Normally $4.99, get it for just $2.50.

From Image Comics. Mini-Series Premiere. The Rise of Cobra begins here. In a world where the Cobra organization hasn't formed, one man's sinister plans to utilize the mysterious alien substance known as Energon sends shockwaves across the globe.  Who is Cobra Commander? Where does he come from? And what horrors is he planning to unleash that will rock the world-and maybe the universe-to its core? Red-Hot writer Joshua Williamson (Superman, Duke) and artist Andrea Milana (Impact Winter: Rook) kick off the second of four action-packed miniseries that will introduce the best and worst humanity has to offer in the Energon Universe.

THIS WEEKS HOT NEW RELEASES

Some great very anticipated new comics this week. The final issue of the first arc of the fantastic Ultimate Spider-man finished up with #6, giving readers an exciting conclusion and payoff to stuff that has been building since the beginning of the run. If you are not reading this great title now is a great time to start! Another very anticipated book is the next issue in the Last Ronin saga from IDW TMTN Re-Evolution #2 explores the exciting future of the TMNT universe. The book I am most excited about this week has to be Destro #1 from Image Comics. The GI Joe relaunch has been one of the most well received launches in decades, and this look at everyones second favorite Scottish business man is a great expansion of the Energon Universe. And for everyones favorite don't miss Uncle Scrooge and the Infinity Dime one shot this week as well!

Amazing Spider-man #52, Captain America #10, Captain Marvel #9, Doctor Strange #16, Dracula Blood Hunt #2, Immortal Thor #12, Invincible Iron Man #19, Sensational She-Hulk #9, Spider-woman #8, Star Wars Jango Fett #4, Ultimate Spider-man #6, Uncle Scrooge and the Infinity Dime #1, Venom Seperation Anxiety #2, Venomeverse Reborn #1, Wolverine Blood Hunt #2, Batman #149, Batman Superman World's Finest #28, Catwoman #66, Green Lantern War Journal #10, Nightwing #115, Titans #12, Wonder Woman #10, House of Slaughter #24, Uncanny Valley #3, Helen of Wyndhorn #3, Oddly Pedestrian Life of Christopher Chaos #10, Blasfamous #3, Spectregraph #2, Star Trek #21, TMNT Black White and Green #2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Last Ronin II Re-Evolution #2, Destro #1, Feral #4, GI Joe Real American Hero #307, Redcoat #3, Self Help #1, Spawn #354, and more!

Subscribers, let us know if you would like any of these pulled for you or added to your subscription! Give us a call or send us a Facebook message anytime after 2 PM on Tuesday as we are pulling the new books for subscribers and we would happy to pull the covers you need! We put up a video of the books on Tuesday nights on our Facebook page so you can see the cool covers before you come in the store! Www.facebook.com/fanboycomics

COMING THIS WEEK AT FANBOY COMICS! 06/19/24!

Below is a list of just a few of the big new releases scheduled for this Wednesday! Please let us know if you are interested in any of these titles. Pre-order today and don't miss any upcoming titles! As always you can check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fanboycomics for pictures of these books and tons of other great info! We have a weekly newsletter on Tuesday with all this information and more! Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #6

MARVEL PRH $4.99

(W) Jonathan Hickman (A/CA) Marco Checchetto

THE SHOCKING CONCLUSION OF THE ULTIMATE OPENING ARC!
Spider-Man must finally confront the head honcho himself: Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin! Kingpin, as owner and operator of the Daily Bugle, has been working with the Maker's Council to control the spread of information in their favor... Which means he's the first domino that must be toppled to end their regime! PLUS: Mary Jane holds her own. 'Nuff said!
Rated T

DESTRO #1 (OF 5)

IMAGE $4.99

(W) Dan Watters (A/CA) Andrei Bressan, Adriano Lucas

Mini-Series Premiere. The next chapter of The Cobra Threat threat begins here! James McCullen Destro XXIV is the man behind M.A.R.S. Industries, the undisputed leader in providing high-tech weapons to world powers... for the right price. But the emergence of Energon has changed everything. As Destro's ambitions grow, the "Crimson Twins" Tomax and Xamot Paoli emerge to destroy their competition, and Cobra Commander realizes his current ally could be his future greatest enemy. Acclaimed writer Dan Watters and artist Andrei Bressan change the balance of power in the Energon Universe forever.

TMNT THE LAST RONIN II RE EVOLUTION #2 (MR)

IDW-PRH $8.99

(W) Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz (A) Ben Bishop & Various (CA) Esau Escorza, Issac Escorza

Casey Marie and the new generation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have taken on the mantle of New York City's protectors, unaware that an insidious foe is preparing to spring a trap, plunging the city into violence and terror. With pockets of resistance gathering forces and information to fight back, the young Turtles learn about the bloody history of the Hamato Clan's fight against the Foot...as well as discover revelations about themselves that will shape their futures. The legacy continues as legendary TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman reassembles the acclaimed creative team for the next epic chapter of The Last Ronin!

COMING SOON AT FANBOY COMICS

These are upcoming books from the next few weeks. If you are a Subscription Box Holder and would like any of these added to your subscription just let us know. Many of them come with tons of covers to choose from so if you ever want to special order any particular one just let us know as soon as possible to guarantee your book! If you need more info please don't hesitate to ask.

UNCANNY X-MEN #1

MARVEL PRH $5.99

(W) Gail Simone (A/CA) David Marquez

PROFESSOR X...IS GONE!
A core group of essential X-Men rise FROM THE ASHES to face a world without a home - and without Professor X! All bonds among the mutant community seem to be slipping away, and ROGUE reluctantly finds herself as the hero designated to bring them back together...but a fearless, malignant power is out there hunting mutants, and it has a terrible secret that may destroy what remains of the X-Men

In-store: 08/07/2024

DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL ALLWINTER #1 (OF 6)

DC COMICS $4.99

(W)Tom Taylor (A) Riccardo Federici

The snow falls thick, blood runs black, and color itself is only a distant memory. The legendary assassin Deathstroke stalks a frozen wasteland, killing for coin among a nation of ever-warring jarls. But when our murderer for hire finds himself cast in the role of reluctant guardian, will he fight to end the icy curse destroying his land or be consumed by the sins of his own dark past? The red-hot Dark Knights of Steel epic expands into bone-chilling new territories with new surprises in store!

In-store: 07/16/2024

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES NIGHTWATCHER #1

IDW-PRH $3.99

(W) Juni Ba (A/CA) Fero Pe

After making a dark debut in the Free Comic Book Day special, fans have one burning question: Who is the Nightwatcher? Violence and discrimination against mutants is running wild, and a new vigilante will rise up to combat it... but who is this fearsome armored fighter standing bravely against the criminals who wish to harm mutants?

From the brilliant mind of writer Juni Ba and astonishing artist Fero Pe comes an action-packed ongoing series that spins out of the pages of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to delve into the grim reality of New York City after the Mutagen Bomb and unveil the secrets behind the mask.

RECENTLY ACQUIRED

We are always buying collections, so we put out new stock almost everyday! We also do updates on Facebook with some of the more thrilling books we pick up, and also a weekly newsletter every Tuesday afternoon. Check out www.facebook.com/fanboycomics for those! We have over 200 long boxes of comics to choose from so come by and check us out!

BECOME A FANBOY COMICS SUBSCRIPTION BOX HOLDER!

Subscriber Appreciation Month is going on all month in September, so now is the perfect time to sign up for a Fanboy Comics Subscription!

Don't miss an issue and save some cash! It is FREE to be a Fanboy Subscriber, all you need is five ongoing monthly titles and a love of reading to sign up for your Subscription Pull Box! There is no set up fee or charges at all other than buying the comics you are subscribed to! Getting into comics has never been easier, and if you are looking for some suggestions to help you get started just come by the store and we will be happy to help you find some books that are right for you!

All subscribers get a 20% discount on Back Issues and Graphic Novels!

All subscribers get Free Bags and Boards with their new release books, as well as the Diamond Previews Catalog free!

All subscribers get a free Fanboy Comics t-shirt when you sign up, and a free subscriber only t-shirt in September during Subscriber Appreciation Month!

All subscribers get Open Variant covers for cover price

All subscribers get elevated weekly specials and super sized sale discounts!

Subscription Box Discount Levels

5-10 Titles 10% Discount On Comics 20% on Graphic Novels and Back Issues

11+ Titles 15% Discount on Comics 20% on Graphic Novels and Back Issues

Ask how to become a Fanboy Comics Subscription Box Holder today! We also offer Mail Order Subscription Services! For more information give us a call at 910-452-7828!

STORE HOURS

Fanboy Comics is still closed on Mondays, but we are now open on Sundays from 1 PM to 6 PM! And don't forget to swing by for Super Secret Sunday Specials you can only find out about by asking in the store!

Tuesday: 11am-6pm
Wednesday: 10am-6pm
Thursday: 11am-6pm
Friday: 11am-6pm
Saturday: 11am-6pm
Sunday: 1pm-6pm
Monday: Closed

These days & hours may change in the future; if they do, we will let you all know.

WE BUY

Fanboy Comics is currently buying almost all comics, new and old! Graphic novels too! Just give us a call for more information or to make an appointment! Our phone number is 910-452-7828!

Got any old comic collections you don't want? You can always trade in graphic novels towards something you do want!

We have been buying comics for over 20 years! We put out new back issues for sale almost every day so we are always buying almost any era of comic back issues. We buy everyday from 1 PM to 6 PM. Please give us a call or stop on in for more information!

Thanks for reading! Shop Small, Shop Local! Like and review us on Facebook in you have not really, it really helps us reach more people.