Fanboy Comics Newsletter for 04/30/2024

Fanboy Comics

Apr 30, 2024, 4:54:57 PMApr 30
to Fan Boy Comics

Fanboy Comics Newsletter for Tuesday April 30th 2024

Young man, I'm not sure how you got inside my Sanctum, but if you make another move... you'll be leaving in The Fanboy Comics Weekly Newsletter! - Doctor Strange The Oath #2, 2007

This Saturday is Free Comic Book Day 2024 on Saturday May 4th! Come on out to Fanboy Comics and celebrate with free comics, huge sales, and more! We will be opening up at 10 AM and giving away tons of great free comics all day long! Don't miss out on the biggest comic event of the year. The following Saturday May 11th we are having out World Famous Brown Bag Dollar Box Sale.

WEEKLY SPECIALS

*Dollar Box Comics Reduced To 50 Cents each

*Reduced Graphic Novels Buy One, Get One 50% off

All specials exclude new release items and all other discounts. Some restrictions may apply. New Specials Every Tuesday! Check our Facebook page for more deals throughout the week.

WEEKLY 50% OFF DEAL

Every week we spotlight a different comic and it is 50% off while supplies last! This display is at the front counter right next to the credit card machine. This week we are doing Spawn/Batman #1. Normally $6.99, get it for just $3.50.

Two dark heroes, cursed by tragedy, find their paths again crossing...but not by choice! What sinister foe is at work, pitting the Dark Knight against the Hellspawn? From the shadows of Gotham City to New York City, this epic event is the blockbuster you've been waiting almost two decades for!

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY

Free Comic Book Day 2024! Saturday May 4th from10 AM to 6 PM!

Fanboy Comics will have over 25 free comics to choose from while supplies last! Great comics with titles like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Blood Hunt X-Men #1, Energon Universe Special, Hellboy/Stranger Things, Ultimate Universe Spider-man #1, Archie, Conan the Barbarian, Doctor Who, Flash Gordon, Marvel Voices, Spidey and His Amazing Friends, Star Wars, and more!

The first fifty people in line when we open at 10 AM will get one of our famous First 50 gift bags! These gift bags are filled with extra exclusive free comics, stickers, buttons, and other cool swag.

There will be chances to win door prizes like Gift Certificates, exclusive FCBD merchandise, variant cover comics, and more!

Free Comic Book Day is a great celebration of comics, and what celebration would be complete without some great deals! Fanboy Comics will be running some of our biggest sales and specials of the year in a fantastic one day only sale!

This is our biggest EVENT of the year so we hope you make it! Check out our Facebook Event Page for more info! https://www.facebook.com/events/726582939626719

FIRST 50 GIFT BAGS

Saturday May 4th the first fifty people in line when we open the doors for Free Comic Book Day at 10 AM will receive a free gift bag full of swag! Stuff like five FCDB books exclusive to that bag, cool buttons, temporary tattoos, Stickers, Bookmarks, and more! There will be a little variation in the bags so contents may vary.

Most bags will contain five exclusive Free Comic Book Day comics (Initial D, Eye Lie Popeye, Overstreet Guide to Collection, Ultraduck and Witches of Brooklyn), as well as FCBD stickers, temporary tattoos, enamel pins, a limited edition Harley Quinn Heroclix figure, Ultra Man mini poster, trading cards, and more!

Hidden among the bags will be $500 in Fanboy Comics Gift Certificates and chances to win over $350 in limited edition merchandise like POP Figures, Marvel plushes, fleece blankets, t-shirts, posters, and five free bags for use at next weeks Brown Bag Dollar Box Sale!

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY SALE

We will be running a huge weekend long sale Saturday May 4th and Sunday May 5th in celebration of Free Comic Book Day 2024! Don't miss out on these great deals and pick up some free comics while you are at it!

*20% off Graphic Novels

*30% off Wall Back Issues and Specialty Boxes (some restrictions may apply)

*50% off Back Issues in Regular Boxes

*50% off Comic Sets

*50% off Reduced Graphic Novels

*50% off Comic Image Short Boxes

*Dollar Box Comics Reduced to 50 Cents

*Cover Priced Back Issues Reduced to $1 each

All specials exclude new release items and all other discounts.

BROWN BAG DOLLAR BOX SALE

The Fanboy Comics Brown Bag Sale is back! Saturday May 11th from 10 AM to 5 PM!

We will be dragging all our boxes out of storage and putting them outside for just $1 a comic! There are thousands of books to peruse so there is something for everyone. We will also have out tons of fresh new Reduced Graphic novels that we have never had out for this before, as well as a huge selection of over 800 DVDs and CDs. We will be running a special on these, so our DVD/Blu Rays will be Buy One, Get One 50% off during the brown bag sale!

There will be a ton of great newly reduced graphic novels out for this sale as well at the Brown Bag Sale. Fresh books we have been pricing just for this sale, as well as things we are reducing from inside the store. Hundreds of great graphic novels starting at $5 each!

And who could forget out Brown Bag Special! For just $20 you can fill up a brown paper bag we provide with as many comics as you can cram without the bag tearing apart. 60-70 is a pretty typical amount in a bag, but can you push past current human achievement and get 90?

THIS WEEKS HOT NEW RELEASES

Free Comic Book Day is almost here and we have a great week of new releases for sale! The blood curdling Marvel event Blood Hunt #1 from Marvels best current writer Jed Mackay is one you won't want to miss. This larger than life vampire yarn is a must read for anyone who has enjoyed Moon Knight or Doctor Strange for the last few years. There is also a great Space Ghost revival at Dynamite this week featuring a new run of the classic comic hero. The book I am most excited about this week is Deadpool and Wolverine WWIII #1 from Marvel Comics. Just in time for the movie, Joe Kelly is back on the character he made funny in this delightful action-packed story. All this and more this week at Fanboy Comics.

Blood Hunt #1, Cable #4, Deadpool and Wolverine WWIII #1, Get Fury #1, Immortal Thor #10, Incredible Hulk #12, Invincible Iron Man #18, Spider-woman #7, Vengeance of Moon Knight #5, Weapon X-Men #3, X-Men #34, DC Spring Breakout #1, Flash 2024 Annual #1, Nightwing 2024 Annual #1, Superman House of Brainiac Special #1, Ranger Academy #7, Blood Brothers Mother #1, Space Ghost #1, Godzilla War for Humanity #5, Sonic the Hedgehog Fang the Hunter #4, Star Trek Sons of Trek #2, Bear Pirate Viking Queen #1, Kaya #18, King Spawn #33, Walking Dead Deluxe #88, Whisper Queen #1, and more!

Subscribers, let us know if you would like any of these pulled for you or added to your subscription! Give us a call or send us a Facebook message anytime after 2 PM on Tuesday as we are pulling the new books for subscribers and we would happy to pull the covers you need! We put up a video of the books on Tuesday nights on our Facebook page so you can see the cool covers before you come in the store! Www.facebook.com/fanboycomics

COMING THIS WEEK AT FANBOY COMICS! 05/01/24!

Below is a list of just a few of the big new releases scheduled for this Wednesday! Please let us know if you are interested in any of these titles. Pre-order today and don't miss any upcoming titles! As always you can check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fanboycomics for pictures of these books and tons of other great info! We have a weekly newsletter on Tuesday with all this information and more! Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything.

BLOOD HUNT #1

MARVEL PRH $5.99

(W) Jed MacKay (A/CA) Pepe Larraz

THE BLOODIEST MARVEL EVENT EVER!
The skies have gone dark, the sun hiding its face from the carnage to come. The children of the night, the vampires, have risen from the dark and hidden places of the world as one to drown the Marvel Universe in blood. Earth's final night has fallen - can even the heroes of this doomed world stem the tide of blood that is to come? Join the AVENGERS, BLADE, BLOODLINE, SPIDER-MAN, HUNTER'S MOON, TIGRA, DOCTOR STRANGE and CLEA as the dance of death begins in BLOOD HUNT #1! On-Sale in May!

SPACE GHOST #1

DYNAMITE $4.99

(W) David Pepose (A) Jonathan Lau (CA) Francesco Mattina

Greed and corruption flourish in the darkness between stars. With the territories of the Galactic Federation spread far and wide across the vastness of space, pirates and hijackers ransack the distant colonies with cruel disregard for the innocent scientists living within them.

Yet there is a cosmic vigilante who metes out justice throughout the galaxy, bringing vengeance to those prey upon the defenseless.

Some say he is a policeman who has abandoned the strictures of the law. Others say he is a phantom, the sole survivor of a war-torn planet. And those who have survived his wrath claim he is more a force of nature, able to bend the very elements of Creation to decimate his enemies.

They call him the SPACE GHOST - and his adventures begin here!

Award-winning writer DAVID PEPOSE (Punisher) and superstar artist JONATHAN LAU (Vampirella Strikes) kick off this action-packed series with a surprise attack on Space Colony Omicron - home of the brilliant scientist Dr. Jerrod Keplar and his young children, Jan and Jace, as well as their pet monkey, Blip. With the colony's defenses overwhelmed, all seems lost - but these ruthless pirates didn't count on the wild card that is Space Ghost!

DEADPOOL WOLVERINE WWIII #1

MARVEL PRH $4.99

(W) Joe Kelly (A/CA) Adam Kubert

WADE WILSON AND LOGAN AT THE ENDS OF THE EARTH - AND EACH OTHER'S THROATS!
The most intensely mismatched team-up in comics and pop culture - the best there is and the merc with the mouth - undergoes a radical change as we kick off a three-part, globe-spanning saga for the ages! The mysterious DELTA believes in change. Change is good. But as he sets his sights on DEADPOOL, and WOLVERINE is caught up in the plot, is the third time really the charm, or the curse? Get ready for WWIII to erupt on the scene with the wildest duo in comics from legends Joe Kelly (DEADPOOL, UNCANNY X-MEN) and Adam Kubert (WOLVERINE, UNCANNY X-MEN)!

COMING SOON AT FANBOY COMICS

These are upcoming books from the next few weeks. If you are a Subscription Box Holder and would like any of these added to your subscription just let us know. Many of them come with tons of covers to choose from so if you ever want to special order any particular one just let us know as soon as possible to guarantee your book! If you need more info please don't hesitate to ask.

STAR WARS AHSOKA #1

MARVEL PRH $4.99

(W) Rodney Barnes (A) Steven Cummings (CA) David Nakayama

After the fall of THE EMPIRE, AHSOKA TANO stalks the galaxy for GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN! A valuable prisoner escapes New Republic custody; a search for answers reunites two old friends. The villainous MORGAN ELSBETH returns along with two new mysterious Force users, BAYLAN SKOLL and his apprentice, SHIN HATI. Will the REBELS be able to track down their lost comrade, EZRA BRIDGER?

In-store: 07/10/2024

BATMAN GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT THE KRYPTONIAN AGE #1 (OF 12)

DC Comics $4.99

(W) Andy Diggle (A/CA) Leandro Fernandez

The new era of Elseworlds kicks off with the return of its crown jewel, the mysterious and gothic world originated by Brian Augustyn and Mike Mignola! When a mysterious meteor falls on the wide-open plains of the Midwest, it will unleash a chain of events that find Gotham's bizarre Batman contending with not just the twin threats of the Catwoman and a mysterious international assassin but also the emergence of superhuman beings beyond all comprehension! This sequel series expands the 19th-century DC Universe beyond the confines of Gotham City, showcasing bold new visions of once-familiar heroes... Do not miss it!

In-Store: 6/11/2024

RECENTLY ACQUIRED

We are always buying collections, so we put out new stock almost everyday! We also do updates on Facebook with some of the more thrilling books we pick up, and also a weekly newsletter every Tuesday afternoon. Check out www.facebook.com/fanboycomics for those! We have over 200 long boxes of comics to choose from so come by and check us out!

BECOME A FANBOY COMICS SUBSCRIPTION BOX HOLDER!

Subscriber Appreciation Month is going on all month in September, so now is the perfect time to sign up for a Fanboy Comics Subscription!

Don't miss an issue and save some cash! It is FREE to be a Fanboy Subscriber, all you need is five ongoing monthly titles and a love of reading to sign up for your Subscription Pull Box! There is no set up fee or charges at all other than buying the comics you are subscribed to! Getting into comics has never been easier, and if you are looking for some suggestions to help you get started just come by the store and we will be happy to help you find some books that are right for you!

All subscribers get a 20% discount on Back Issues and Graphic Novels!

All subscribers get Free Bags and Boards with their new release books, as well as the Diamond Previews Catalog free!

All subscribers get a free Fanboy Comics t-shirt when you sign up, and a free subscriber only t-shirt in September during Subscriber Appreciation Month!

All subscribers get Open Variant covers for cover price

All subscribers get elevated weekly specials and super sized sale discounts!

Subscription Box Discount Levels

5-10 Titles 10% Discount On Comics 20% on Graphic Novels and Back Issues

11+ Titles 15% Discount on Comics 20% on Graphic Novels and Back Issues

Ask how to become a Fanboy Comics Subscription Box Holder today! We also offer Mail Order Subscription Services! For more information give us a call at 910-452-7828!

STORE HOURS

Fanboy Comics is still closed on Mondays, but we are now open on Sundays from 1 PM to 6 PM! And don't forget to swing by for Super Secret Sunday Specials you can only find out about by asking in the store!

Tuesday: 11am-6pm
Wednesday: 10am-6pm
Thursday: 11am-6pm
Friday: 11am-6pm
Saturday: 11am-6pm
Sunday: 1pm-6pm
Monday: Closed

These days & hours may change in the future; if they do, we will let you all know.

WE BUY

Fanboy Comics is currently buying almost all comics, new and old! Graphic novels too! Just give us a call for more information or to make an appointment! Our phone number is 910-452-7828!

Got any old comic collections you don't want? You can always trade in graphic novels towards something you do want!

We have been buying comics for over 20 years! We put out new back issues for sale almost every day so we are always buying almost any era of comic back issues. We buy everyday from 1 PM to 6 PM. Please give us a call or stop on in for more information!

Thanks for reading! Shop Small, Shop Local! Like and review us on Facebook in you have not really, it really helps us reach more people.