Family Gem App

Erik Paelman

Sep 15, 2020, 6:17:49 AM9/15/20
to famil...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for not answering my email with suggestions and translation proposal.
Not very polite, I think.
I have many friends in Italy, and I am therefore greatly surprised by your approach!

Michele Salvador

Sep 15, 2020, 11:39:56 AM9/15/20
to famil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

I’m happy you liked Family Gem!

Translate the app into Dutch
As you discovered, the translation takes place on Weblate
Any help is really appreciated!

Ability to swap gender colors
I’m discovering now that there is a great tradition of blue for girls and pink for boys.
Yes, this could be an option to add in a future release.

Ability to sort families alphabetically
Yes… But alphabetically of what? Surname of the husbands, I suppose..

Ability to group people by first name
Do you mean sort people alphabetically by first name in the Persons list?

Addition of birthday in persons
Do you mean sort Persons by birthday? Or just display the birthday somewhere?

Bye
Michele

On Monday, August 31, 2020 at 12:06:16 PM UTC+2 Erik Paelman wrote:

Dear Michele,
I discovered your app last week and am now testing it.
I like it very much so far.
If it interests you, I would like to translate the app into Dutch (completely free of course).
I have already translated many apps and programs.
Some suggestions:
- Ability to swap the colors of man and woman.
(Here in Belgium man = ROSE, woman = BLUE)
- Ability to sort family by alphabet.
- Ability to group people by first name.
- Addition of birthday in persons.

Many regards,

Michele Salvador

Sep 15, 2020, 11:41:04 AM9/15/20
to Family Gem
Erik,
sorry for the late answer.
This is a bad habit of mine.
Sometimes it took me until one year to answer to an e-mail!

Erik Paelman

Sep 16, 2020, 4:39:34 AM9/16/20
to famil...@googlegroups.com
Caro Michele,
Grazie mille per la tua risposta.
La tua app può diventare fantastica!
* Translate the app into Dutch
- I already did the translation yesterday.
- As soon as the update appears, with Dutch translation,
I check it thoroughly for any errors and sentence corrections.
- Later adjustments are also followed by me and updated if necessary.
* Ability to swap gender colors
Thank you for adjusting this. (blue for girls and pink for boys)
* Ability to sort families alphabetically
- Surname of the husband is perfect.
- The ability to change the name color would be nice too.
* Ability to group people by first name
- Yes, also by first name
* Addition of birthday in persons
- Sorry I was wrong about that, it already exists!

In the meantime, I remain with the highest regard in the hope of a good cooperation.
Erik

Op di 15 sep. 2020 om 17:39 schreef Michele Salvador <chico...@gmail.com>:

--
Erik Paelman
Belgium

Michele Salvador

Sep 24, 2020, 4:09:13 AM9/24/20
to famil...@googlegroups.com

Ciao Erik,

* Translate the app into Dutch

Just published the release 0.7.14 that includes the Dutch translation!

I have a question: is the Dutch of Belgium so different from the one of the Netherlands that requires two different translations?
Because I see that in Weblate you have set the Dutch localized for Belgium (nl-BE), not only as generic Dutch (nl).

* Ability to sort families alphabetically

I've added the ability to sort families by ID, family surname, and number of members.

- The ability to change the name color would be nice too.

Change the name color? Sorry I don't understand where..

* Ability to group people by first name

This seems to me more a statistical utility than really useful for sorting..
Moreover at the moment in Persons is possible to SEARCH 🔍 for a name..

Erik Paelman

Sep 24, 2020, 4:50:42 AM9/24/20
to famil...@googlegroups.com
Buongiorno Michele,

Grazie per la mail.

* I have a question: is the Dutch of Belgium so different from the one of the Netherlands that requires two different translations?
The pronunciation and general use of language is indeed different.
But the spelling is the same, so it is OK for both Belgium and the Netherlands.
* Not only as generic Dutch (nl).
Should I change this, or do you?
* Ability to sort families alphabetically
Thank you very much for that.
* The ability to change the name color would be nice too.
No need to do that.
* Ability to group people by first name
Quite right, you are right about that.

Se possibile, non dimenticare: inversione di colore per uomini e donne!
Question:
I create a general database family tree. Is it possible to copy the persons to another tree, how so, or not?
If not, this might also be very helpful.

Un caro saluto,

Michele Salvador

Sep 29, 2020, 5:03:38 AM9/29/20
to Family Gem
Hi Erik,

Translation to Dutch (nl)
Should I change this, or do you?
Yes please, if you can in Weblate switch the translation from nl-BE to nl.

Se possibile, non dimenticare: inversione di colore per uomini e donne!
 Yes! I’ve got it in the to-do list.

I create a general database family tree. Is it possible to copy the persons to another tree, how so, or not?
At the moment with Family Gem it’s not possible to copy persons from a tree to another.
The possibility to merge two different trees has been asked already by others, so I think it’s something really useful to add in a future release.

Erik Paelman

Dec 17, 2020, 6:17:32 AM12/17/20
to famil...@googlegroups.com
Dear Michele,

Are there any future updates, possibly with my suggestions, for the app please?
I hereby ask you if you are still interested in the further translation of the app?
Regards,

Erik Paelman

Michele Salvador

Dec 28, 2020, 2:35:54 AM12/28/20
to Family Gem
Hi Erik,

Are there any future updates,
A new release is coming, focused on compatibility with Android 11, and with new translations.

possibly with my suggestions, for the app please?
Do you mean the gender color switch option (blue female and pink male)?
Sorry no, I still didn't implemented 😬

I hereby ask you if you are still interested in the further translation of the app?
Yes! There are some tweaks you can give to the Dutch translation on Weblate.

I asked Weblate support to rename the nl-BE  translation into nl.

Thank you,
Michele