Can we democratize my family tree expansion only to our family members?

Hari Om Vashishtha

Apr 5, 2021, 2:36:32 AM4/5/21
to Family Gem
Hello All,

I loved the concept, design and everything inside this app. I am also thinking of contributing and supporting the developer in near future.

For now, I am looking forward to democratize my family tree expansion only to my family members so that extended family members can keep on adding their members and expanding the family tree.

Even if the tree expands to over 2000 members.

Can someone suggest a way to get this thing done with proper authentication?

Michele Salvador

Aug 15, 2021, 10:25:29 AM8/15/21
to famil...@googlegroups.com
> I am also thinking of contributing and supporting the developer in
> near future.
Thank you!

There are a lot of things you could do, if you desire.

> For now, I am looking forward to democratize my family tree expansion
> only to my family members so that extended family members can keep on
> adding their members and expanding the family tree.
> Even if the tree expands to over 2000 members.
> Can someone suggest a way to get this thing done with proper
> authentication?

Well, not through Family Gem as is now, I fear.
This app is designed as an editor of files stored locally on a single
device.
Because of this there is no need of any authentication system.
There is the "Share" option, but is actually like sending a copy of the
tree as attachment by e-mail.
So nothing as collaborative work on the same tree stored on a server online.
I'd like it could be like this, but it should be a completely different app.