Short question

Thomas Brasser

Sep 24, 2020, 8:49:26 AM9/24/20
to famil...@googlegroups.com
Hi, it's a marvellous app, great - thank you so much for getting this software totally free - it's the best for android ever seen and tested before.

BUT short question: On Screenshots on your website, persons are connected with straight, rectangular lines, on my device (0.7.14) I see curved lines. Is there anywhere a possibility to choose?

Thanks - Thomas

Thomas Brasser
Am Möhlenkamp 37
38321 Denkte, Germany

Michele Salvador

Sep 29, 2020, 5:38:29 AM9/29/20
to famil...@googlegroups.com

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your support!

On Screenshots on your website, persons are connected with straight, rectangular lines, on my device (0.7.14) I see curved lines. Is there anywhere a possibility to choose?

The straight lines was used in previous versions of Family Gem. At the moment the lines are only curved and there is not possibility to choose.
I switched to the curve lines because they less overlap (see https://github.com/michelesalvador/FamilyGem/issues/3#issuecomment-561101772).
Do you prefer the straight lines?

Michele

Thomas Brasser

Sep 29, 2020, 6:44:14 AM9/29/20
to famil...@googlegroups.com
Hello Michele,

thanks for your reply! Yes, I see advantages of the curved lines, but personally, I'd prefer the straight ones, overlaping as in one figure of the linked page doesn't matter - but this is my personal view. I feel the straight lines clearer in the diagram.
However, great app - thanks a lot!
Thomas
Thomas Brasser
Am Möhlenkamp 37