Kechacha Mahieddine

Jun 18, 2022, 5:03:08 AM6/18/22
to famil...@googlegroups.com

Hello
I've been using "family Gem" for months, and I find it to be the best genealogy app.

I already have more than 10,000 people, which I have classified by last name.

My biggest concern I have is the time I put in every time looking for a last name, in order to add a new person for example.

I kindly ask you to add the possibility to sort the names in alphabetical order, or add the search functionality.

And I thank you in advance.

Message has been deleted

Yuri Radaelli

Jun 27, 2022, 2:29:27 PM6/27/22
to Family Gem
Hello Kechacha!

using the hamburger menu on the left, if you select "PERSONS" you should see a magnifying glass on the right, which let you do a free search.
If you click those 3 points on the top right ("kebab menu style") you should list the persons also by Surname:

the surname listing shows by surname alphabetical order from A to Z even if the persons snippet boxes shows the name before like always.
In case of equal surnames, the order orders alphabetically also the names.
If you click surname again, the order is in a reverse direction, from Z to A.