Lovely app!

pacor...@gmail.com

May 23, 2020, 6:18:19 AM5/23/20
to Family Gem
I like the app it's the app I've been looking for a long time.
Two suggestions:

1) I miss a language choosing dialog

2) I miss an option to indicate the folder media location.
Now I have to edit the gedcom file and search and replace all references to my gramps media folder with the FamilyGem folder

Michele Salvador

Aug 27, 2020, 10:32:23 AM8/27/20
to Family Gem
Thank you!
  1. Yes, there is no language choosing dialog in Family Gem.
    I'm following the common practice in Android that the app simply try to adapt to the device locale.
    Current release of Family Gem (version 0.7.12) is translated in 3 languages: English, Spanish and Italian.
    If your system language is another one, the fallback is English.
    But starting from Android 7 it's possible to choose multiple languages in the preferences: so maybe your primary language is Catalan, you set Spanish as second language, so you can use Family Gem in Spanish.

    You are right, at the moment there is no possibility to directly add, remove or edit a folder path (maybe I will do in the future).
    But actually there is no need you edit your GEDCOM file replacing all the file paths!
    About importing your family tree with images, see Import GEDCOM with media files.