Importing Images into Family Gem

Bernadette Siobhan Loftus

Jan 31, 2021, 6:16:54 AMJan 31
to famil...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Your program is a blessing. I'm not an experienced genealogist, nor do I spend a great deal of time researching my family tree. But this program is perfect for my needs.

However, I am having issues trying to import images into the app. When I do so, it appears as a gray box with a gray avatar. Is there a particular image format that's needed?

I am using Family Gem version 0.7.16 on an LG V35 running Android version 10. If there is any other information required, let me know.

I am so glad this app exists.

Enjoy your day! And thank you for your help.

-Bernie

Michele Salvador

Feb 18, 2021, 6:57:43 AMFeb 18
to Family Gem
Hi Bernie,
thank you for appreciation!

No, there is no a particular image format needed: the jpeg format you are probably using is fine.

The issue on importing images on Android 10 is known.
Maybe you can find the answer on this GitHub issue: Unable to add media.
In short: import a media file using the 📁 Files app.