How to clear cache?

Rob Grant

Aug 12, 2022, 6:42:23 AM8/12/22
to Family Gem
Hello Michele. I really enjoy this app and look forward to see what will be in the Pro version.

I have a problem. I import a gedcom from DropBox and then delete it. Later if I import a gedcom (again from DropBox)  with the same name, but a newer version, Family Gem is still showing the original tree. It does not include the changes.

Is Family Gem looking at some cache memory? I cannot find the folder where it stores the tree files to delete manually.

I am using a Huawei P Smart

Thanks!

Rob

Yuri Radaelli

Aug 21, 2022, 8:08:54 AM8/21/22
to Family Gem
Hello Rob, please wait the developer take a closer look about this cache issue.

Yuri

Michele Salvador

Oct 12, 2022, 11:19:49 AM10/12/22
to Family Gem
No, there is no file caching in the case you describe. The GEDCOM file is imported each time as new.
The folder where trees are stored is the device "internal storage": the path is /data/data/app.familygem/files. And normally it's not accessible by the user.
You can delete all the files there opening the App info > Storage usage > Clear data.

Rob Grant

Oct 14, 2022, 11:10:27 AM10/14/22
to Family Gem
Great! Thanks for that - I used the  "App info > Storage usage > Clear data" method. All is well.