Wiki not available / looking for documentation

janis...@googlemail.com

Dec 19, 2014, 4:40:36 AM12/19/14
to fall...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I wanted to ask if any documentation is available? In Github there is a link to a wiki, but theres nothing behind the link.
Even an example project with all the functions would be useful.I already found the Fallen-8 Intro project, but it only uses parts of the available functions.

Im not using the REST-Api since I want to use Fallen-8 within my c# project. So far I already got some vertices and edges, but I got lost as soon as I wanted to search for them. Do I have to set up an index as well? Also would it be one in general or would I create an index for individual types of data that I want to attach to vertices? To me it would make sense to create individual ones, since I know what kind of data I'll be looking for, meaning I'd know in which index I'd have to look.

Also when creating the vertices and connecting them with edges, would you rather save their id in a dictionary to make it available to find for later connections or is that what the index is for?

There are multiple methods for searching and I dont quite understand what they do.I would really appreciate a little help here ;)

FulltextIndexScan - Searches through an index and returns a list of vertices+edges. I doesnt search through the properties, only through the keys set in the index.
GraphScan - Searches through the properties of the graph.The only one, that doesnt require an index?
IndexScan -  Searches through an index with different parameters than the FulltextIndexScan
RangeIndexScan - ?
SpatialIndexScan - Something with geometry - is that for geometrical data or does that refer to the graph?

I hope someone call help me a little here, as you see there's still a lot of confusion in my head about it.
Thanks in advance

Henning Rauch

Dec 20, 2014, 11:35:51 AM12/20/14
to fall...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I can help you on that of course. But I'm on vacation atm. I can give you a lot of examples next year. In the meantime you can send some more details of what exactly you are planning to do so that I can prepare sth exactly for your need. Thx.

Cheers, Henning.

janis...@googlemail.com

Jan 1, 2015, 2:45:45 PM1/1/15
to fall...@googlegroups.com
Hey again, and thanks for the quick response. I hope you had great vacations!

What im planning to do is creating a graph in the memory. My data is based on different events and therefore I'd keep the fallen8-instance in memory all the time and fill it with objects, which are of different types but are related in some kind of hierarchy. Each object gets its type as a property. Sometimes relations expire, in which case the datetime gets added as property to that edge.

Now I want to get a subset ob the graph. I have several filters, which should depend on the type added as a property to the vertex earlier.
My issue is that I dont really understand what the different scan-functions do. Or do I have to write a specifig Scan for my case? I think I have to search for each vertex-type / criteria individually and then get an "inner join" of the vertexes where connections between them exist. This leads me to some questions:
Whats the best way to check whether 2 vertexes are directly connected. And whats the best way, theres more than one edge in between? (I guess somehow with CalculateShortestPath?)

LG Janis, and thanks again in advance!