Persist

Troy Robinson

Jun 24, 2013, 10:08:58 PM6/24/13
to fall...@googlegroups.com
Would love to write a tool to persist the graph to disk.  Is the persistence layer pluggable?  DI/IoC?  Or maybe just a straight interface implementation?

Henning Rauch

Jun 24, 2013, 11:19:58 PM6/24/13
to fall...@googlegroups.com
Hi Troy,

it's already persistent if you call Save(); (https://github.com/cosh/fallen-8/blob/master/Fallen-8/IRead.cs#L151).

Generally the persistence layer is not abstracted.

Cheers, Henning.

Am 25.06.2013 um 04:08 schrieb Troy Robinson <bbqchic...@gmail.com>:

Would love to write a tool to persist the graph to disk.  Is the persistence layer pluggable?  DI/IoC?  Or maybe just a straight interface implementation?

Troy Robinson

Jun 24, 2013, 11:58:32 PM6/24/13
to fall...@googlegroups.com, cosh...@googlemail.com
Does that save one entity/node or the whole in mem db?   I was looking to use this more along the lines of neo4j or sones - i.e. -  a persistence model like general  RDMBS or NoSQL databases such as RavenDB or MongoDB.  If you update a node/entity you can then persist that entity immediately to disk...

My intention is to use this as a social graph store to handle relationships, etc.

Henning Rauch

Jun 25, 2013, 12:12:35 AM6/25/13
to Troy Robinson, fall...@googlegroups.com
The whole db is saved in that moment. There is no builtin possibility to save only one node or edge (one could write a nice WAL). Think of it as a checkpointing/savegame like behavior.

Whatever you do: don't use it as your primary store… most of my customers use some persistent database and extract graphs + insert them into F8 to have maximum performance for real time analytics (that is it's sweet spot). They are also doing updates and it works quite well (atomic writes are guaranteed)

Cheers, Henning.