faldo:region property to redefine :InRangePosition

Jerven Bolleman

Jul 7, 2014, 9:51:57 AM7/7/14
to faldo
Hi Everyone,

I had the following comment in my mail box for a while now. And I would like everyone’s opinion on it.

"Instead of having a owl:unionOf for the rdfs:domain of the :begin property (which is often considered as bag design), I believe it would be much better to redefine the :InRangePosition class in term of a :FuzzyPosition that has a :region property (or whatever other predicate) whose rdfs:range is a :Region whose :begin and :end properties are not :FuzzyPositions. This way, you can simply say that the rdfs:domain of :begin is :Region.”

I have thought it over an I think it makes sense but I would like everyones feedback before changing the ontology.

Regards,
Jerven

Jerven Bolleman Jerven....@isb-sib.ch
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics Tel: +41 (0)22 379 58 85
CMU, rue Michel Servet 1 Fax: +41 (0)22 379 58 58
1211 Geneve 4,
Switzerland www.isb-sib.ch - www.uniprot.org
Follow us at https://twitter.com/#!/uniprot