While you were sleeping

Donald A. Roberts

Jun 30, 2024, 11:09:57 AMJun 30
to RV Google, Butterfly
Hi guys,

A few years ago some of us decided to apply for the FAA’s Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award. To qualify you must be able to show 50 years of safe aviation. The clock starts on the date of initial solo and you must show a timeline of at least 50 years in aviation. Basically, it means having stayed out of trouble. Three character references are required which was the tricky part. Just kidding. This is the highest safety award given by the FAA. I soloed in 1969. Someone achieving 50 years in aviation at that point would have had to solo in 1919!

Anyway, I volunteered to be the cat herder. My initial attempt was stymied by COVID. You submit your application to the local FSDO where local officials process the paperwork. During COVID, with most people working from home, I detected zero support from the FSDO so the plan went on hold. A year ago I put out feelers to our group to see who else was interested besides myself and few others. In the end, there were 11 of us who submitted paperwork. Rather than bombard everyone’s mailbox with messages only pertaining to 11 guys, I set up a mail list for just the 11.The application process could be insidiously difficult. It took time but we submitted 11 correct applications. The process, once successfully submitted takes 2-3 months. It all finally came together last Thursday.

This letter to you is partially an apology for not inviting the whole FRVS to the event. When looking for a venue we decided on the CAF largely because it was air conditioned. A great facility but limited in seating capacity. We figured around 50-55 total. With 11 honorees plus family and close friends, we hit that number instantly. So we are sorry we could not have a larger event. Many thanks to Bill Rial for making the arrangements with CAF.

The award recipients are: Don Roberts, Bill Rial, Rand Sage, Bob Walden, Greg Reese, Tim Morris, Steve Kearney, Jay Herrin, Trot Trotter, Edgerton Hendricks and Charlie Kerscher. Most of you know most these distinguished airmen. Only two non-RViators but we accepted them as equals.

Congratulations are in order!

dar

image0.jpeg

Scott&Trish

Jun 30, 2024, 11:43:42 AMJun 30
to Donald A. Roberts, RV Google, Butterfly
Bravo!
Sent from my iPad

> On Jun 30, 2024, at 11:09, Donald A. Roberts <dari...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
> --
> Visit our website: https://sites.google.com/view/falcon-rv-squadron/home
> ---
> <image0.jpeg>

shawn mcgrath

Jun 30, 2024, 12:38:48 PMJun 30
to Scott&Trish, Donald A. Roberts, RV Google, Butterfly
Way to go, gents!
Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 30, 2024, at 08:43, 'Scott&Trish' via FalconRV-List <falcon...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Bravo!
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/falconrv-list/76D76F2C-D12C-4D13-B17B-75A37D4690F1%40yahoo.com.

Scott Calkins

Jun 30, 2024, 4:12:24 PMJun 30
to FalconRV-List
Very impressive gentlemen! Congratulations

H.E. Buffington

Jun 30, 2024, 4:17:10 PMJun 30
to Scott Calkins, FalconRV-List
AWESOME!!! Congrats to all of you!

vic syracuse

Jun 30, 2024, 4:31:40 PMJun 30
to Scott Calkins, FalconRV-List
Wow. Nice!

Sent from Gmail Mobile

James Matthews

Jun 30, 2024, 5:40:06 PMJun 30
to vic syracuse, Scott Calkins, FalconRV-List
Congratulations gentlemen!

Jim
Sent from my iPhone

David Hays

Jun 30, 2024, 5:56:27 PMJun 30
to Donald A. Roberts, RV Google, Butterfly
Wait just one minute. I see that as 550 years of safe aviation!! You guys are much older than I ever dreamed!!
Kudos to the really old guys!!

David T. Hays, RPh
Hays Properties, LLC
76 Clark St
Senoia, GA 30276-1934
davidh...@gmail.com
(229) 343-6200
Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 30, 2024, at 10:09 AM, Donald A. Roberts <dari...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
image0.jpeg

Greg Reese

Jun 30, 2024, 6:50:48 PMJun 30
to David Hays, Donald A. Roberts, RV Google, Butterfly
Yeah. We’re flyers. Not so much crew chiefs.
Thanx, Greg

> On Jun 30, 2024, at 5:56 PM, David Hays <davidh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wait just one minute. I see that as 550 years of safe aviation!! You guys are much older than I ever dreamed!!
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/falconrv-list/2F06F9D0-9E25-4B72-AEAE-1BAC5A1820DA%40gmail.com.
> <image0.jpeg>

David Hays

Jun 30, 2024, 8:28:33 PMJun 30
to Greg Reese, Donald A. Roberts, RV Google, Butterfly
😂🤣 Touché Greese!!! 😂🤣. I am just lucky to be allowed in the August group of fliers!!!

David T. Hays, RPh
Hays Properties, LLC
76 Clark St
Senoia, GA 30276-1934